Mopar Jeep JL Cab Cover sucks with soft top

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The cab cover states it will fit with the soft top folded down. I tackled it for about 30 minutes and this is the best I could come up with. Maybe it fits fine without any top on, but with my premium soft top folded down, there's just not enough material to cover the gaps. If I pull any harder, it's going to tear. Any suggestions? I haven't been impressed by the Mopar accessories so far. Their $150 Molle bags, though look cool, are cheap material compared to other molle bags I purchased from Amazon. This thing is probably going back.
IMG_2195.JPG
IMG_2191.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG
IMG_2183.JPG
Sponsored

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
Good Morning. IMO, this is really meant for folks like me with only a hard top and no garage. If I take my hard top off, i need something like this to protect my Jeep from the elements.

Hopefully the aftermarket will get its act together soon and offer a soft top that is affordable. For me, this cover is the only option I have if I want to go topless for a weekend.

OP
OP
Stuweeks

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Good Morning. IMO, this is really meant for folks like me with only a hard top and no garage. If I take my hard top off, i need something like this to protect my Jeep from the elements.

Hopefully the aftermarket will get its act together soon and offer a soft top that is affordable. For me, this cover is the only option I have if I want to go topless for a weekend.
I have a soft top only with no garage. I bought this so I could just throw it on instead of putting the doors and windows back on in case of rain. What ticks me off is that is specifically says it’ll work with a soft top installed. Looks like a no go. Boo Mopar.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Hmmm...since it's new, maybe it needs to sit in the sun and heat to "loosen up" a bit. I believe that BesTops recommends that you should lay out their tops in the sun for a bit prior to installing them so they will stretch a little easier during the install process.

OP
OP
Stuweeks

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hmmm...since it's new, maybe it needs to sit in the sun and heat to "loosen up" a bit. I believe that BesTops recommends that you should lay out their tops in the sun for a bit prior to installing them so they will stretch a little easier during the install process.
I thought so too but it’s a tent-like material and really has no stretch.

Sponsored

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I was so excited to buy this a few months ago and had the same problem, it sucks. The first time I thought it would be ok in a position like you have shown but the folded soft top filled with probably five gallons of water that I literally pumped out. I now use it with the soft top in safari mode, put it over the soft top and cover the open doors, just leaves the back open.

I keep waiting on Rain Gear but they don't even answer messages anymore.

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I saw this thread before I bought. I'm having the same issue. I put a small tarp under for the night. I'm thinking I'm going to need to get a full cover unfortunately there's no way this material can stretch that much .
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Jeep JL Cab Cover sucks with soft top IMG_20200524_213516

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I checked with @Quadratec chat support and it isn't made to be used with the soft top installed.
Sponsored