Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I’m surprised that the fluid pump is going to be able to push enough fluid out to spray out of all the holes before the first swipe. Obviously they have tested it and it does, but I would have thought this system would come with a stronger pump and bigger wiper fluid reservoir.

Another thought: this feels like Jeep said “Guys WTF? Bronco polled our owners and asked about their biggest complaints and went ahead and designed a solution for them. What are you guys doing? What else are our customers complaining about that we haven’t bothered to fix?” And then someone in the meeting suggested this.
Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in Southern California, so frozen squirters aren't a problem I've experienced, so bear with me when I ask why you'd want to spray washer fluid when it's freezing outside? Wouldn't that just makes your visibility worse by coating the windshield with ice?
I know a few people have answered your question already. The road salt used to melt snow is a real problem. As mentioned, the spray from the vehicles driving through it gets all over our vehicles. I figured I’d post a couple pictures that show how bad it gets.

27A51463-84F0-4D59-B5A6-49636B2B6450.jpeg

CEF90096-3232-4ACE-870F-00502F9E15F0.jpeg

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I’m surprised that the fluid pump is going to be able to push enough fluid out to spray out of all the holes before the first swipe. Obviously they have tested it and it does, but I would have thought this system would come with a stronger pump and bigger wiper fluid reservoir.
Why a bigger reservoir? It's supposed to use less water, not more.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just looks like it would use more. I know they’ve done all the testing and stuff, so they know what it needs. It’s just my perception.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just looks like it would use more. I know they’ve done all the testing and stuff, so they know what it needs. It’s just my perception.
It's probably a case of it being theoretically more efficient cleaning so you reduce your wash time at each occurrence.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Im thinking about doing this to my JL, curious if there will be anything to get rid of the old nozzles, some CMM desnubbers would be cool, if these come from the factory does anyone know what's in place of the current nozzles?

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Great idea. I can install these and then turn the factory nozzles 90 degrees. Wired to a separate switch I can squirt hikers and bicyclists on the trail. 😂😂😂
Reminds me of my first ride... my dad graciously handed me the keys to a push button shift on the dash, 1960 Rambler station wagon. Gutless inline 6 but it was sure fun on high school Friday nights.

The windshield washer activator was a pedal on the floor far left side. The squirter for the pax side glass got bent somehow and shot a stream straight into the driver's side window of anyone next to me on my right at a stop light.

Good times. I did always make sure we outnumbered them when I decided to clean my windshield because we were not getting away.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Yeah remember the old Miller Lite commercials? They are trying to trick you. "Less filling". You end up drinking more. :LOL:

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

For those of us that do burn through a lot of wiper fluid and blades... I didn't see it mentioned but how many of you actually wash and possibly condition your blades?

That will extend blade life but I'm guessing very few do.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hi Joe,
No component breakdown available yet on these but we will be tracking any new information. They are available to ship in a few days and we have a code you can use if interested.

Thanks,
- Benny
Any update on how much the refills cost? And, of course, how do we get that code?

The front refills on my wife's AMG are $90. I'm thinking that these won't be anywhere near that. Fortunately we only have to replace blades every two+ years.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I didn't see it mentioned but how many of you actually wash and possibly condition your blades?

That will extend blade life but I'm guessing very few do.
I did, just last week. I was hoping to get a bit more service life from them: Bosch Envision. Pricey, but also rather disappointing performance. A rare exception to the good run that I usually have with replacement wipers.

lslblues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? The QR code they say to scan for installation instructions doesn't work and the obvious place where they'd plug into washer fluid system is a different size plug than what comes with the kit.
Sponsored