Sponsored

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
That’s like going from briefs, to boxer briefs….
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Of all the things that need sorting out, this was not on my list. Lol. I would LOVE for them to bring back the lady who talked to me in my '86 LeBaron next please. Then, add those self buckling shoulder harnesses. The Mini Cooper has a "top down hours" gauge. Lets do that as well. Lol.
The funny thing is, with modern tech, having the computer speak warnings is EASY. Piece of cake. Like, a firmware update to the radio could do it. Hell, I could make you a can-bus module to do it.

Why "you left your headlights on" and "you forgot to put your car into park and it's about to roll into the street" have the same cute DONG DONG DONG is totally beyond me.

Like wtf?

At least have different sounds.

Lazy stupid stuff.

They should've done that back in 2010 when they introduced the stupid position-less shifter.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Why "you left your headlights on" and "you forgot to put your car into park and it's about to roll into the street" have the same cute DONG DONG DONG is totally beyond me.
There was a time... ;)

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
I've been using Rain-X (proven) on the windshield and Rain-X bug remover washer fluid (excellent stuff) as a combo pack for a long time in our cars and both work extremely well. That, coupled with the solid spray pattern of the OEM sprayers, really does a good job at getting stuff off the windshield.

Since May 1, we have had 58 days over 100 degrees and 34 days over 95 (most of those an official 99...) here in San Antonio. I think it was Heimkehr who mentioned hitting those big bug splats right away is one key to getting them off with wipers/spray. When you're flying down the highway in 100+ degree heat and get a lot of bugs or stuff from other vehicles hitting your windshield, if you don't hit it right after it plasters your windshield it's going to bake on immediately and be a lot harder to get off.

That said, I'll be curious to hear overall feedback from the forum on performance and what the no-kidding cost of running them/replacing blades of this set-up really is. In the meantime, I'll stick with what I've got, thanks!

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Chrysler was kind enough to thank you:

Oldsmobile gets into detailed explanations:

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've been using Rain-X (proven) on the windshield and Rain-X bug remover washer fluid (excellent stuff) as a combo pack for a long time in our cars and both work extremely well.
I'm in the middle of using my first bottle of that very formula (green, pricey) after having used the regular washer fluid (blue, less costly) for many years. I agree, it's worked remarkably well for purpose. Watching the water beads flowing up and off the glass during light rainfall was a pleasant bonus, too.

----------------------

Next up: Purchase new wiper blades after the disappointing performance of the expensive "Bosch Envision" beam-type wipers. This is a rare fail; I usually have good luck with wiper performance.

Chrysler was kind enough to thank you:

Oldsmobile gets into detailed explanations:
The fellow we hear on Speak 'N Spell must have done some moonlighting for the Big 3.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The funny thing is, with modern tech, having the computer speak warnings is EASY. Piece of cake. Like, a firmware update to the radio could do it. Hell, I could make you a can-bus module to do it.

Like wtf?

At least have different sounds.

Lazy stupid stuff.

They should've done that back in 2010 when they introduced the stupid position-less shifter.
I hated that goddamn car. "your door is ajar" your windshield washer fluid is low". Enough to send you over the edge.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I hated that goddamn car. "your door is ajar" your windshield washer fluid is low". Enough to send you over the edge.
That's the reason why manufacturers stopped having cars talk to us.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets whatever-shru

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
They probably paid better. Then his days were numbered. He needed go get in on that racket while it lasted.
I'm dating myself here, but this was big during my clubbing days.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
I've been using Rain-X (proven) on the windshield and Rain-X bug remover washer fluid (excellent stuff) as a combo pack for a long time in our cars and both work extremely well. That, coupled with the solid spray pattern of the OEM sprayers, really does a good job at getting stuff off the windshield.

Since May 1, we have had 58 days over 100 degrees and 34 days over 95 (most of those an official 99...) here in San Antonio. I think it was Heimkehr who mentioned hitting those big bug splats right away is one key to getting them off with wipers/spray. When you're flying down the highway in 100+ degree heat and get a lot of bugs or stuff from other vehicles hitting your windshield, if you don't hit it right after it plasters your windshield it's going to bake on immediately and be a lot harder to get off.

That said, I'll be curious to hear overall feedback from the forum on performance and what the no-kidding cost of running them/replacing blades of this set-up really is. In the meantime, I'll stick with what I've got, thanks!
About 10 years ago I had rain x bug remover in my 1997 tahoe.

My hood had about 2-3” of snow on it. Well instead of clearing the sprayers I just said screw it, I’ll squirt through the snow. Probably about 5 seconds of squirting until it penetrated.

Well 3 days later the snow melted off my hood, and so did the paint on the hood.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
No thank you, I will stick with my inexpensive $7.88 O'Reilly Specials. They work.just fine, and should last about the same as the expensive ones.

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I dont see how these are better. A solvent needs a little dwell time on whatever you are trying to dissolve.

The current method of spraying the windshield and the wiper cleaning it up 1/2 second later is bad enough as it is.

This thing will spray and then wipe it off almost instantly.

Infact I wish we had manual control of the traditional sprayer so we could spray the windshield, wait 5-10 seconds, and then activate the wipers. Wouldn’t work while driving but would be great for a stop light.
I do the tap and release method a couple of times and it works pretty good, soaks the windscreen while I’m at a stop light to loosen up the gunk a bit.
Sponsored