Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I'm curious if anyone has monitored their electric bill to see what the additional electrical cost is to charge their 4XE regularly?
I don't have a smart EVSE so I'm guessing a bit going by current bill to same bill last year, its about 40 dollars more a month give or take a couple bucks. I charge every weekday, and sometimes multiple times on weekend days.....but sometimes I'm plugged in on weekends but I don't go anywhere.....so some weekends charging is minimal.
Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
see what the additional electrical cost is to charge their 4XE regularly
This is one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions. Depends on how much you charge and what your utility rates are.

Sponsored

jmc2999

First Name
JoJo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe
noob question - could these survive being installed outside? live in massachusetts cold and do not have a garage.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
could these survive being installed outside?
Yes, as long as the plug side is properly installed for the weather.

If you're really worried about weather, the Grizzl-e unit is the most inclement weather focused evse it seems.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I'll bet fewer than 25% of current 4xe owners have or would be willing to pay to add 220V in their garage/driveway.
Count me in the 25%! I ordered a JuiceBox the same day I purchased my 4xe. Installed the 220v circuit myself, buried the line, and hardwired it to the JuiceBox pigtail (in a weather enclosure box, of course) on one leg of my carport. Now as soon as I arrive home, I just plug it right in.

I'm curious if anyone has monitored their electric bill to see what the additional electrical cost is to charge their 4XE regularly?
I have to do the math manually since the enelx/EV JuiceNet app doesn’t calculate cost, but it hasn’t been a significant jump on my bill. Most of my driving is in-town, so I’m on pure electric 75% of the time.

noob question - could these survive being installed outside? live in massachusetts cold and do not have a garage.
As far as my experience shows, yes the JuiceBox/Mopar unit should be able to handle it. They’re actually weather sealed quite nicely. It says not to put it in direct sunlight, but even here in Florida mine never overheated. As mentioned above, it’s under the carport now.

Hope this helps!!

Sponsored

lsufan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
We had a charging station installed for our Rav4 prime and after the utility rebates and tax credits we came out ahead +300.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
A higher amperage evse isn't going to do a bit of good for a 4xe since the on-board charger is only a 32 amp.

With that said, if I was going to spend the money, I'd buy higher just to future proof for the next vehicle.
100%.

We had our garage re-wired as part of a larger remodel and we had the electrician run an 80 amp sub-panel to the garage so we can either do 2 chargers, or in the future, perhaps harness 80amps of power in a single charger.

MudLuv

First Name
Shawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
What type of plug does this come with? I have both a 30 and 50 RV plug available outside of my garage, could I plug directly into it?
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces New Home Plug-in Wall Chargers for Jeep 4xe 20220403_181034

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
What type of plug does this come with? I have both a 30 and 50 RV plug available outside of my garage, could I plug directly into it?
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces New Home Plug-in Wall Chargers for Jeep 4xe 20220403_181034
Usually a nema 14-50, so your outlet on the right.
Sponsored