Sponsored

RickSavage

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe , 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4
I have this Charger at my house, i don't like that it wants the internet being i do not have internet at my house. never know what color the lights are gonna be blinking. How ever it charges my 4Xe in 2H and 15m. I love that.
Sponsored

Arasto1

First Name
Abhinav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited JL sports S
I have this Charger at my house, i don't like that it wants the internet being i do not have internet at my house. never know what color the lights are gonna be blinking. How ever it charges my 4Xe in 2H and 15m. I love that.
Does it charges your 4xe to 100%? Mine stops at 90% (23 miles)

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
I wonder how many people are going to drive off without unplugging and rip it out of the wall?

Sponsored

Smurf

First Name
Smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe (exp delivery end of Jan 2022)
Question for those with the charger-- I noticed mine, also was going to 22 miles and seeming to stop before showing 100% in the JuiceBox app, however it was showing 100% on my dash. I read that others changed the mile range in the app to 28 on the 4xe with success, so I did that.

Any issues with doing that (overcharging the battery reducing life at worst; wasting energy at best)?

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Question for those with the charger-- I noticed mine, also was going to 22 miles and seeming to stop before showing 100% in the JuiceBox app, however it was showing 100% on my dash. I read that others changed the mile range in the app to 28 on the 4xe with success, so I did that.

Any issues with doing that (overcharging the battery reducing life at worst; wasting energy at best)?
It won't overcharge. The charger in the jeep will stop taking charge when it's done.

Arasto1

First Name
Abhinav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited JL sports S

Did the dashboard show 28 miles after full charge?

Andric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara High Altitude 4xe
as I want to add more solar panels and they will go on the garage roof, it makes sense for me to get something like this I think. Marginal for many other situations probably

Eddies

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Nice if you have 240v available to your garage. But I live in a condo and my garage is a long way away in a stand-alone garage complex. It only has 120v. I like the idea of either BEV or plug-in Hybrid, but the fast charge at home option won't work for many of us. So, we'll see where this goes.
for the 4xe, 110V is enough if you’re allowed to use that.
Even for a BEV, while not ideal, a daily overnight top up on 110V and an occasional full charge at a public charger may work.

here a lot of parkades downtown offer free charging - you still pay for parking though. I know people who just drive to work once in a while to charge their EV. Many business offer complimentary level 2 charging for an hour or two so you could use that too.

issue is that the condo may not allow you to use the 110V outlets for charging. Then it would be a pain.
Sponsored