Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Mopar Introduces New At-home Plug-in Wall Chargers for Jeep® 4xe Models and Chrysler Pacifica
  • New factory-backed, Wi-Fi-capable, Level 2 (240-volt), at-home, hybrid-electric-vehicle, wall charger units help power Jeep® Wrangler 4xe, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe and Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid models
  • Available now in the United States for $599 manufacturer’s suggested retail price at the Mopar parts and accessories eStore or local Jeep brand or Chrysler dealerships
  • Full charge in just over two hours; new units charge more than six times faster than standard Level 1 (120-volt) charger unit
January 18, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - At-home charging for Jeep® 4xe and Chrysler plug-in hybrid electric vehicles is now easier with the introduction of new, Wi-Fi-capable, Level 2 (240-volt) charging units from Mopar.

Available in plug-in or hardwired versions that supply 32 amps/7.7kW (maximum) of power, the new charging units provide a full charge in just over two hours, up to six times faster than standard Level 1 (120-volt) chargers. In addition, new Wi-Fi connectivity gives customers the ability to monitor and control charging any time and anywhere via a mobile app and web portal, saving time and money.

“Our new, factory-backed, at-home, Level 2, plug-in charging units offer a quick, seamless charging solution for Jeep 4xe and Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid owners,” said Mark Bosanac, North America vice president, Mopar service, parts & customer care. “At Mopar, we’ll continue to enhance the customer experience and expand our electric-vehicle portfolio of accessories.”

Each new charging unit is Energy Star®-certified and smart-grid optimized for a balance between availability, efficiency and cost to help customers reduce energy costs by charging at low-rate times and participate in energy credit programs where available.

Portable, lightweight, lockable and weatherproof for indoor/outdoor charging, each unit is universally compatible and backed by a 3-year warranty. U.S manufacturer's suggested retail price is $599. New charging units may be ordered with a Jeep or Chrysler-branded faceplate.

See the Mopar parts and accessories eStore or Jeep brand or Chrysler dealerships in the United States for more details.

Installation Services Available From Qmerit
Mopar is teaming with the expert installation service company Qmerit to offer convenient installation of Level 2 chargers within the United States. Qmerit-certified installers are licensed, insured and rigorously screened to meet exacting standards and can offer service if there is ever a need. See Qmerit/Jeep or Qmerit/Chrysler for more details.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces New Home Plug-in Wall Chargers for Jeep 4xe Mopar-MP022_002JPbhqi9bn8hav39bfcvidndje59s-1280x640

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces New Home Plug-in Wall Chargers for Jeep 4xe jeep_plug_in_charger
Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Sweet Juicebox with a jeep sticker.

At least they're sticking their name on a decent product.

I do wonder what happened with their relationship with Clipper Creek.

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
Nice if you have 240v available to your garage. But I live in a condo and my garage is a long way away in a stand-alone garage complex. It only has 120v. I like the idea of either BEV or plug-in Hybrid, but the fast charge at home option won't work for many of us. So, we'll see where this goes.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Nice if you have 240v available to your garage. But I live in a condo and my garage is a long way away in a stand-alone garage complex. It only has 120v. I like the idea of either BEV or plug-in Hybrid, but the fast charge at home option won't work for many of us. So, we'll see where this goes.
You can still charge the 4xe on 120v and if you're plugging it in and leaving it overnight, you won't be able to tell a bit of difference. It's really for people that want to plug in multiple times a day for lots of short trips where it makes a difference with the 4xe.

On a bev, it's a different story. I lived for a while with an EV and only level 1 charging for a while and it's rough.

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadowbanned and taking the bus
32-Amp?

Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.

Sponsored

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A higher amperage evse isn't going to do a bit of good for a 4xe since the on-board charger is only a 32 amp.

With that said, if I was going to spend the money, I'd buy higher just to future proof for the next vehicle.
Exactly.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I bought mine at the beginning of January. System works well, easy to setup. Jeep likes it. So far so good.

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
I'll bet fewer than 25% of current 4xe owners have or would be willing to pay to add 220V in their garage/driveway.
You're probably right but I would want this if I had an EV. Especially on one that can only go 20 or so miles on a single charge. I guess my real thought was shouldn't this option been available at 4xe launch?

Plus electric service for my home comes through the garage. Installation wouldn't be hard.

Anyway, I'm glad to see owners can now have this if they choose :like:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious if anyone has monitored their electric bill to see what the additional electrical cost is to charge their 4XE regularly?

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious if anyone has monitored their electric bill to see what the additional electrical cost is to charge their 4XE regularly?
My Chargepoint knows what I pay my electric utility per kWh based on time of day and tells me what it costs during and after each charge.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces New Home Plug-in Wall Chargers for Jeep 4xe A04287D2-5C9B-4BB9-ADD8-BFB7571824D7
Sponsored