StingJlU

First Name
MQ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JlU
Hi Folks,

I have just got my Jeep JLU with Mopar headliners on it, but unfortunately with couple of rides I have noticed that the middle headliner fall down!

Is there anyone faced the same issue, and what can I do to make sure they stay in especially with their week velcros.

I'm actually planning to replace them with Hotheads Headliners since they are famous with their high quality headliners and 3M tapes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar headliners falling {filename}

Please note the picture is not mine, but I have faced exactly the same issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hi Folks,

I have just got my Jeep JLU with Mopar headliners on it, but unfortunately with couple of rides I have noticed that the middle headliner fall down!

Is there anyone faced the same issue, and what can I do to make sure they stay in especially with their week velcros.

I'm actually planning to replace them with Hotheads Headliners since they are famous with their high quality headliners and 3M tapes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar headliners falling {filename}

Please note the picture is not mine, but I have faced exactly the same issue.
Good thing they are under warranty.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the Mopar headliners. I have bought a set for the JL just to compare. They are better quality than the ones they make for the JKs but I never installed them so don't know how they will hold up. I know I've had a few issues with our JL and while I do really like it I never like having to leave it at the dealership.
If you do decide to switch to Hothead Headliners give me a shout (call or email) and we will do what we can to make the transition easy.
best regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners
714-872-2071
[email protected]

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
@StingJlU did you end up swapping out your mopar for the Hothead headliners? If so, how was it? Did you run into any issues?

@Hothead Headliners - other than removing the mopar headliners, are there any additional steps or items to be aware of when swapping to your headliners?

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@StingJlU did you end up swapping out your mopar for the Hothead headliners? If so, how was it? Did you run into any issues?

@Hothead Headliners - other than removing the mopar headliners, are there any additional steps or items to be aware of when swapping to your headliners?
I've got the same problem as StingJLU. Did this question ever get answered? With the Labor Day sale going on, now might be a good time but I really need to know how much of a pain the switch from the Mopar headliners will be.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I've got the same problem as StingJLU. Did this question ever get answered? With the Labor Day sale going on, now might be a good time but I really need to know how much of a pain the switch from the Mopar headliners will be.

Thanks!
Hi,
there should be no problems switching headliners. The Mopar headliners are attached to the hard top with an adhesive backed hook and loop. I believe the hooks side is stuck to the hard top. It should pull off fairly clean. If there is any residue left just use Acetone to remove it. That may take a little elbow grease but it will come off. Once that is off then you can go through the process of prepping your hard top to install the Hothead Headliners.
The Gladiator we bought for the shop had Mopar headliners in. The hooks side that was on the hard top came of completely clean, but we removed it right away. If anyone has a problem with any of this please feel free to call me: 714-872-2071
best regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Just took mine to the Jeep dealership for the exact same issue, headliner pealing (which was already installed when I bought it). Here's the best part of the story! They said they 'couldn't get to it because of the roll bar' and the top would have to be removed for them to fix it. I said 'ok, go for it' (the Jeep is still under warranty). They said, 'we don't have a way to remove/work on the top' and I'd have to bring it up there in the bed of a truck or something. SMH, what kind of Jeep dealership can't take a top off a Wrangler! I know what kind....the kind that also left all 3 spare tire lug nuts finger tight after a 5-tire rotation last time I was there. Wish I could say I'm making this stuff up....but nope! LOL

JLJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon 4 door (on order) Sold 2013 Sahara
Just took mine to the Jeep dealership for the exact same issue, headliner pealing (which was already installed when I bought it). Here's the best part of the story! They said they 'couldn't get to it because of the roll bar' and the top would have to be removed for them to fix it. I said 'ok, go for it' (the Jeep is still under warranty). They said, 'we don't have a way to remove/work on the top' and I'd have to bring it up there in the bed of a truck or something. SMH, what kind of Jeep dealership can't take a top off a Wrangler! I know what kind....the kind that also left all 3 spare tire lug nuts finger tight after a 5-tire rotation last time I was there. Wish I could say I'm making this stuff up....but nope! LOL
SMH At least my dealership removed my hard top! They haven't fixed it yet tho!
Sponsored