Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

No way would I lose money on those doors. Either have the dealership order you another set or ask for a full refund.
Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I just can't wait for these to be available. I love the half doors I had on my JK and these look better in every way.

I also have a 2 door, so not quite as expensive :P

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I installed mine today also. I don't know I would order them again. They don't match! As I've seen on a bunch others. It looks just stupid like this. The whole point of me ordering the half doors was to have a nice factory matched package, which I didn't get. Debating taking the half doors to the dealer and having them re-painted.

Anyhow, first time other than the concept I've seen half doors on the sky top with the quarter windows removed is today.

half doors full pic.jpg

half doors partial.jpg
First of all your Jeep looks awesome!

But I see your point about the paint.

The bigger tires and openness take your eyes away from the paint.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Stock suspension. Tires are 315/70/17. (35's but in D load range) The 35x12.50x17 Nitto trail grapplers are E load range (too stiff). These have been good and flexy when aired down to 10PSI.

I don't know I want the dealer trying to repaint them and all that goes with that. I might just sell them and get most of my money back.
If you are going to sell them, let me know. I am interested

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
If you are going to sell them, let me know. I am interested
Will do.

I took a long drive last night with the half doors, and I liked them way more than I expected. Really a nice half way point between no doors and full doors, it really opens things up nicely especially with the rear quarter windows out. I'm going to keep them on for the next week, and travel with the uppers on as well, see how I feel about them. Maybe if I just look from the inside looking out it won't bother me as much lol.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It's probably similar to how jk half doors were, you had to order and assemble it. Then paint it. It was cheaper for me at the time to just order a new Jeep with them lol.

I really hope they come out with a kit soon

392Newbie

First Name
ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
What size and brand tires do you have on the stock rims ?

Gfcronus

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go cart.
I ordered the half doors on a Sting Gray Rubicon along with the dual top option. Here’s the kicker, though: I ordered the tan soft top along with the black hard top. I think the black uppers on the half doors is going to look kick-ass on the Sting Gray body and tan soft top. But baybe that’s just me.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
It's probably similar to how jk half doors were, you had to order and assemble it. Then paint it. It was cheaper for me at the time to just order a new Jeep with them lol.

I really hope they come out with a kit soon
I bought a new JK from a dealership in 2008 with the half door on the Jeep.

I ordered the half doors on a Sting Gray Rubicon along with the dual top option. Here’s the kicker, though: I ordered the tan soft top along with the black hard top. I think the black uppers on the half doors is going to look kick-ass on the Sting Gray body and tan soft top. But baybe that’s just me.
What? As far as I know you can’t order both dual tops and dual doors. Did something change? I thought they simply didn’t fit in the Jeep from the factory.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sorry, I meant as an aftermarket thing. When the jk came out there wasn't a kit for the doors.

Gfcronus

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go cart.
I bought a new JK from a dealership in 2008 with the half door on the Jeep.

What? As far as I know you can’t order both dual tops and dual doors. Did something change? I thought they simply didn’t fit in the Jeep from the factory.
The Jeep website doesn’t let you “build” it for this reason, but you can order the top as a parts accessory at the time you place the order for the Jeep for same price as the dual top option and they will ship it to you separately.

MRKelly

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S 80th Annivers
I installed mine today also. I don't know I would order them again. They don't match! As I've seen on a bunch others. It looks just stupid like this. The whole point of me ordering the half doors was to have a nice factory matched package, which I didn't get. Debating taking the half doors to the dealer and having them re-painted.

Anyhow, first time other than the concept I've seen half doors on the sky top with the quarter windows removed is today.

half doors full pic.jpg

half doors partial.jpg
WTF!!!!

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I don’t know if this means you can now order (entire assembled) half doors from Mopar, but this listing is on the Mopar website:

Listed as “Front Door, Left - Mopar (68284733AA)”

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-left-68284733aa?c=bD05Jm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=
As of this past Thursday, according to my dealer, no - you can’t order fully assembled doors.

I have a white one on order with dual doors - but it’s a non-allocated order that I’m not 100% will be built. So, I also put money down on a red dealer-allocated order, but it didn’t have dual doors. I want them and thought I could possibly just buy them thru the parts department ... which you can, but apparently it’ll cost you nearly $2000/door because you have to buy all the parts and build them ... and that doesn’t include painting.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Put the half-doors on today. Thought I’d post some pics. Haven’t had it in any rain yet so I’ll report back on that, but the initial fit is pretty tight. Going to drive it later, so will report back later this evening about the wind noise, etc....

259F98FE-F0CE-43EE-8A01-9D6D38048AD2.jpeg
2414BA8B-178C-4813-8903-B8E32B4E6455.jpeg
3073FAD7-7466-427B-9642-86C7DC914604.jpeg
3E652F41-BF97-44D7-8E50-1676785B9D01.jpeg
F3D4E59C-CC99-4B10-825C-DBBA5F11F8F3.jpeg

A5F5F946-ABAD-4E5B-916D-F655FD12F41D.jpeg

AA18D7B0-DABC-4191-B4FF-8148F63E9E6D.jpeg

78DAF750-547B-4DB1-9EBE-A8E51C4166FC.jpeg
It's amazing how right it looks with just the lowers door. Looks like jeeps of yore.

The uppers seem to be there just because they had to do something. Looks so off.

I'm sure it'd look better with a black soft top, and likely ok with black hard top. Just looks off with white, and probably other painted hard tops.
Sponsored