longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Hello all

I did a search on here and a little research but still unsure which grab handles I want. (There is so many) I just need the 2 for the front and am leaning toward the Mopar ones. Them seem well built, have the little jeep emblem on them and are only $40.

The thing is there is not that many reviews on the Mopar handles. So if anyone on here has them could you tell me how you like them?

Thanks
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hello all

I did a search on here and a little research but still unsure which grab handles I want. (There is so many) I just need the 2 for the front and am leaning toward the Mopar ones. Them seem well built, have the little jeep emblem on them and are only $40.

The thing is there is not that many reviews on the Mopar handles. So if anyone on here has them could you tell me how you like them?

Thanks
Was a little surprised the tabs that screw in are plastic instead of metal, but I went with them since they actually fasten to the jeep. Didn't want to have a velcro/paracord one give way while in use.

Seem to be fine strength wise, handle fits well in your hand and keeps it shape.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
They fit very well. Feels well built. Id buy them again. And i like how they block the sun from my eyes at times too.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I was going to grab some but honestly so far I've never needed a grab handle there, the handles on the a pillar have been fine so far.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
I like them. They are better than the JK ones I had on my TJ that rotated around the roll bar depending on the angle you grabbed them from.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
i use Mopar parts whenever i can and i have no issues with the OEM grab handles. As others have pointed out, they are easily installed right into the frame using the existing panel hole.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
They tend to bang into the windows alot when on bumpy roads.

Sponsored

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm sure they are well made but I am happy with the Alien handles I have. It was a real benefit to be able to adjust their location in order to accommodate the JTops sunshade straps. Super sturdy with 3 heavy duty velcro straps.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I have them and like them a lot. They bolt into the roll bar and to me, it looks like it's a piece of metal wrapped in rubber. They hold my weight when I hang off them to wash the roof.

I have the cheap velcro ones for my YJ and I wouldn't trust my weight on those.

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Thanks again for all the inputs, much appreciated. A little clarification. As the driver you probably don't need grab handles that often cause you have the steering wheel. The passenger, the wife, LOL wants them. She loves the Jeep and will go off roading with me and is looking forward to going more, but one request she had is the grab handles.

Honestly, I for sure can't blame her. The handle on the A pillar is fine for getting in and out, but if you are vertically challenged like a lot of our women are it is not so great to have to lean up and hold on to on trails. I like to have one there myself when riding shotgun, sometimes I just like holding onto it and letting my arm hang.

I do also think the drivers side one could come in handy if you want to pull yourself up and out the window to look at the trail or where your front wheel/end is.

I did like the alien's as well. Great feedback all, thanks!

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I got some off brand ones from amazon I think . They have metal tabs instead of plastic with foam that goes between the tab and the roll bar so they don't scratch it up. They were quite a bit cheaper too.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Definitely the best of them (I've tried a few!)
No banging on windows, in fact I can't see how they can if installed correctly.
They feel really good in the hand when you hold onto them. Many of the others are slimmer and don't feel as chunky.

Sadly I had to remove them as they're not compatible with the Bestop Sunrider.
Sponsored