Sponsored

Mopar Fox 2.5 Shocks Rebuild, Any Experiences?

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Just one of them (one of the rear shocks) needs to be rebuilt. Totally mileage is 5,000 to 6,000 miles.
That sucks you aren't the original buyer, that should definitely be warrantied, shouldn't see an issue so soon

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That sucks you aren't the original buyer, that should definitely be warrantied, shouldn't see an issue so soon
I agree sucks it sucks! But I did get a really good deal on the shocks so I am not too worried about sending one in for rebuild.

Sponsored

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Found some leakage on one of the front Fox shocks. Should the fronts be rebuilt or replaced as a set? Curious... thanks

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Found some leakage on one of the front Fox shocks. Should the fronts be rebuilt or replaced as a set? Curious... thanks
Fox didn't specifically mention the need to send them in as a set. So that would be your preference.

PeterKH

First Name
PeterKH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys 2020
No, if the shock does not compress fully and rebound fully on its own they do recommend a rebuild.

Edited my original post to be clearer.
No, if the shock does not compress fully and rebound fully on its own they do recommend a rebuild.

Edited my original post to be clearer.

My Gladiator Rubicon Fox take off is leaking but it rebound fully on its own. Do i need to rebuild it? And since there is no FOX factory in my Country, i'm looking to see if anyone has Manual of rebuild that shocks for our local mechanic reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Fox 2.5 Shocks Rebuild, Any Experiences? 1678691767436

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My Gladiator Rubicon Fox take off is leaking but it rebound fully on its own. Do i need to rebuild it? And since there is no FOX factory in my Country, i'm looking to see if anyone has Manual of rebuild that shocks for our local mechanic reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Fox 2.5 Shocks Rebuild, Any Experiences? 1678691767436
This is a reservoir shock but it’s the same principle……….I’m thinking about rebuilding mine myself when the time comes if I’m not buried at work, if I am then I’ll send them to Accutune…….. I still have my RRD shocks that came with my lift. I’ll be putting them on so I can still use the Jeep and I can take my time to do it right…….

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I would have it rebuilt, maybe buy another one off the US eBay to run in the interim as those Gladiator Fox shocks are a bit easier to find. Eventually after enough of the fluid leaks out the shock from that seal it will no longer function.

Sponsored

rdk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

This is a reservoir shock but it’s the same principle……….I’m thinking about rebuilding mine myself when the time comes if I’m not buried at work, if I am then I’ll send them to Accutune…….. I still have my RRD shocks that came with my lift. I’ll be putting them on so I can still use the Jeep and I can take my time to do it right…….

I've recently sent my Fox 2.5 shocks in from my lift kit to get them rebuilt. They did it all for free since it was under a year and I had the receipt. They unfortunately were leaking and lost some gas as well. But if not I think it's $75/shock and $125 for ones with a remote bypass which yours has.

https://www.ridefox.com/service.php?m=truck

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon

same but not. IFP shocks are actually more difficult to rebuild correctly. Not something we offer service work on. For something like this, it may be cheaper to find a less used replacement vs paying to have them rebuilt.

PeterKH

First Name
PeterKH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys 2020
I have check many place here in Cambodia but no one has experienced with them yet. Unless they have Manual Guide and they will accept to rebuild it.

As @AccuTunedJL said
IFP is not same and more difficult. I still hoping anyone has the Manual Guide and i can solve the problem.
Sponsored