Sponsored

MOPAR\FIAT - UK\EU - Are you listening...

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
Bit of whinge really, why does MOPAR in the UK appear to have no accessories available for the JL and then @ double the price of the USA. I understand import duties etc but a 100% mark up on price. For instance, the tailgate table, $220 in the states, £420 + here and that's IF you can actually order it on the EU\UK site. Some dealers have to order stuff in via third party suppliers, they cant get it 'officially' through FIAT.

Had an email come in from UK MOPAR the other day, 15% off and free P&P, oh I thought, I will have a look, clicked on the link and was taken to a page that had the accessories....

1. Warning triangle
  2. USB Cables
:mad:

Seriously, that was it. I mean c'mon FIAT\MOPAR EU\UK, get a grip. Since FIAT took over its become a complete joke, prior to that I picked up a JK 2-door Sport S for 21 grand, 21 grand in 2011 and could of sold it privately this year for between 13-15k! A few years later it was well past 30k and we all know what the JL costs now.

I wonder if the UK does a trading deal with the States, if accessories or even the vehicles will come down in price, any thoughts?
Sponsored

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
Well, let's face it... For Jeep, Europe is just a drop in the ocean with regards to sales figures. The european market is not booming for offraod trucks like the Wrangler or big SUVs like the US market. Not sure about UK, but in my country they probably sell between 50-100 Wranglers. Its just a pure business issue.
And yes, I am also a hardcore Jeep fan and feel your pain, why order something through the dealer when I can get it ordering directly from the US cheaper?

OP
OP
The Trooper

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
Yeah, I'm thinking of purchasing direct from the States but may hold out to see what transpires with possible UK\USA trade deals (although that may be years away).

To be fair, Europe may be a drop in the ocean but it appears more of a FIAT issue, since I also have a Panda Cross and it's exactly the same with the 'MOPAR' stuff and not being able to get the stuff even between EU countries. Having said that, Jeep sold 2.1 million JK's worldwide in its decade, that's more than all Defenders since its incarnation,so parts must be available throughout or has MOPAR\Jeep missed a trick with supply\demand of accessories available worldwide?

I think a certain amount of all the accessories should be stocked in the EU, there are over 200 accessories for the JL, even more readily available for you left handers since the USA stuff 'should' be the same (apart from sensors, lights)

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
In fact, Mopar products (some) are stocked in Italy and Germany, however there is no point in stocking beadlock wheels and full line of steel bumpers or suspension lift kits in Europe for obvious (legal) reasons...

Another example (IMHO) why Mopar accessories are not so well developed in EU as in the US... the mopar roof rack and basket (made by Thule) costs in the dealer 3 times more than exactly the same product with the Thule name on it instead of the Jeep / Mopar sticker...

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
It's like that here in the states for European cars too. I found a dealer in Belgium that I get all the fun
sports car stuff thats dosn't meet or DOT regulations at half the price.

We also have low impact bumper laws here and if we want to bring the cars back to looking how they are supposed to, we brought the parts through Canada in the 90's.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
One of the downfalls of Jeep, is the lack of after-sales service for us Europeans. Being an NA based company, I sort of expected this to happen as the NA market is where they make the most cash, despite their parent company being Italian!

Honestly feels like we are being left in the dark with all the limited Mopar accessories and the huge markup they charge, along with the lack of information about recalls and TSB’s (Even the dealers are sometimes clueless!)
Sponsored