Sponsored

Mopar Extended Warranty .... Tell How Your Warranty Saved You!

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com

Maximum Care Warranty

If it's mechanical, it's covered. Factory-backed mechanical protection beyond the factory warranty on over 5,000 components, available with a variety of terms and deductibles. You can rest easy knowing that service is provided by certified, expert technicians using authentic Mopar® parts. Maximum Care plans also include car rental allowance, towing, Roadside Assistance and trip interruption coverage.
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Bring back the lifetime maxcare!

have them on my two other jeeps, sure I will get some wear items replaced at some point ;)

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I don't know if your associated with FCA directly, but I just wish manufactures would go back to the 10 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. If they test their products like they say they do and truly believe they offer a quality product, then stand behind it. Why did everyone have to switch to 5 year 60,000 miles? After seeing some people yearly mileage on this forum, they'll reach 60,000 in just over 2 years. I really believe warranty is a huge deciding factor for the consumer.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have the lifetime max care on my 2009 dodge ram 1500. Best investment I ever made. 270,000 miles and still going. Only major repair was the transmission, a/c condenser and evaporator, heater core twice, ball joints control arms multiple times, shocks, fuel pump and so on

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Extended warranties are a joke. Nothing but a money-maker for the dealership.

it's not a joke if your vehicle breaks down. It all comes down to length of ownership and price. You can negotiate with the dealership or pick up a factory warranty afterwards with a great deal in savings. And if you sell your vehicle prematurely you get some of your money back from the unused portion of your warranty

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
it's not a joke if your vehicle breaks down. It all comes down to length of ownership and price. You can negotiate with the dealership or pick up a factory warranty afterwards with a great deal in savings. And if you sell your vehicle prematurely you get some of your money back from the unused portion of your warranty
Do you think they offer them because they lose money on them?

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Do you think they offer them because they lose money on them?
That’s like saying you shouldn’t buy the car because the dealer makes money on the sale. A win-win does actually exist. You’re getting the value you assign to the peace of mind, and they get value in the form of compensation for providing a service.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Hmmm. It says "if it's mechanical..." Many of the expected repairs probably have some connection to electronics. Not a big believer in these, at least until I got all crazy and put two FCA products in the garage. I really think it's sad that if you plan to keep the FCA vehicles you need to pony up for a 2K extended warranty.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I would normally agree with folks that extended warranties are often not worth it (I have never bought one on a Jeep), even discounted. It really depends on the vehicle. I think if I were to keep the Wrangler for 7+ years, and the additional few years of warranty coverage were $1500 or less, it might be worth it for those that just would prefer to have a fixed cost up front for those additional ownership period(s). But you should know off the bat that you might not get what you paid for. Piece of mind has value to many.

That said, with more expensive German/British cars (newer) -- I know several folks with nearly $25,000 in warranty work before the lease was even up, or more than 1/3rd the cost of the vehicle. So for those, I would probably carry an extended warranty. Again, piece of mind.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I would have bought the lifetime. My TJ was 15yo when I parted ways with it:crying:. Now, if the JL gives me any problems, I'll ditch it and get another. Any other warranty is more than likely just a money maker.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Usually threads concerning extended warranties go the way of political discussions. If you buy one you're stupid, no, no, no if you don't buy one you're stupid. It's for sure if you buy one you are betting the car will break, and the manufacturer is betting it won't. I usually buy one for my new cars for the peace of mind, and usually extend the bumper to bumper to match the power train warranty. I've used some, and other I haven't. I got a helluva deal on an FCA extended warranty from a vendor here, and made the deal. I hope I never need it, but if I do it's there. My money, my decision.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

my problem for the extended warranty is we are in jeeps. Jeeps get modded. now the warranty company plays the YOU MODDED THE VEHICLE. its on you now you have voided the warranty we wont pay out even though you gave use XXXX amount to be covered. its a scheme. I had the 5 year 100k on a ram i owned from 2006-2012 and on the last 3 months of the warranty my motor started knocking. took it to three dealers in three weeks to have it looked in to and was told its a normal hemi noise. mind you i had 44k miles at the time on the truck. finally decided to push lemon law with the last week of warranty and they come back with two cylinders having piston slap. ended up with a new motor but they tired for 3 months to tell me it was fine then the story changes and they said it was because i lowered the truck 2.5" that cause it to happen. it was a bad fight jsut to get them to warranty a bad motor. i put 122k on the replacement motor. I also ran that 122k very hard compared to the first 44k on the first motor. plunty of drag strip time with zero issues. warranty is no good. i did not get it on my jeep for the fact i knew i would Lift it, install bigger tires, and off-road it. i can hear it now. its the lift WE DIDNT GET MONEY TO INSTALL's fault... hahaha what a joke

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I had the lifetime on a 2008 JK. Took it in once for inspection and they quoted me over $2,000 in gaskets, seals etc that were leaking. Told them go ahead and fix. The guy got all excited. Then told him that I had the lifetime warranty and he said Oh. Put me on hold and then came back on and said yeah it's all covered. Then had to have it towed in when my transmission shit the bed. Handed them the keys and told them to call me when it was fixed. So I did get my monies worth.
Sponsored