Mopar Extended Warranty or Geico MBI

Thexr6

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2007 JK Rubi, 2021WL overland
Yeah i might just go ahead and get the insurance. Really doesn't cost much at all
Downside to this is that you are locked to an insurance company for coverage for that period of time. Good for them , not for you, as companies can raise their rates t their discretion on the basic coverage. I would prefer to have a portable, non linked contract like Mopar so u can insure whoever you would like to.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Downside to this is that you are locked to an insurance company for coverage for that period of time. Good for them , not for you, as companies can raise their rates t their discretion on the basic coverage. I would prefer to have a portable, non linked contract like Mopar so u can insure whoever you would like to.
It'll take a lot of rate increase to compensate for the cost difference. And...actually the "flexibility argument" works better in the other direction. Once you've spent a couple of grand (maybe even a few) on the Mopar product, you're stuck. Sell your car after a year - it happens - and you're out. To use your comment, good for them, your Jeep's buyers in this case. With MBI you can cancel at any time.

To each their own. That said, there is a ton of love for the Mopar extended warranty on these pages.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
It'll take a lot of rate increase to compensate for the cost difference. And...actually the "flexibility argument" works better in the other direction. Once you've spent a couple of grand (maybe even a few) on the Mopar product, you're stuck. Sell your car after a year - it happens - and you're out. To use your comment, good for them, your Jeep's buyers in this case. With MBI you can cancel at any time.

To each their own. That said, there is a ton of love for the Mopar extended warranty on these pages.
When i bought mine they offered me 2.99% and if I bought the Mopar warranty the rate dropped to 1.29%. I thought that was a great deal.

Vargasvinyls

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2019 Ram 1500, 2016 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Elevator Constructor
Yeah I looked into this when I bought my new Rubicon. Didn’t want to be committed to a auto insurance company just for a car warranty. I house all my policies with same company, House. Car, umbrella, RV etc.. so it comes down to more than 1 thing insured. I opted for the 7 yr unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty with 18 mo 0% interest. I negotiated the price of the warranty down and didn’t think after that it would make sense to do the Geico if I wanted to.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah I looked into this when I bought my new Rubicon. Didn’t want to be committed to a auto insurance company just for a car warranty. I house all my policies with same company, House. Car, umbrella, RV etc.. so it comes down to more than 1 thing insured. I opted for the 7 yr unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty with 18 mo 0% interest. I negotiated the price of the warranty down and didn’t think after that it would make sense to do the Geico if I wanted to.
Like I said a few posts ago, keep in mind that the flexibility issue works both ways. I tend to sell my cars more frequently than I change insurance companies, so my concerns are for walking away from a 7 year product. That said, sounds like the Mopar product is a good fit for you.

Sponsored

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
I would suggest adding thr mechanical breakdown insurance from Geico even though it doesn’t say you can call and they will confirm it it does carry windshield replacement with a $50 deductible instead of your comprehensive deductible it’s in my opinion worth it because I’ve had to replace three windshields already

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I would suggest adding thr mechanical breakdown insurance from Geico even though it doesn’t say you can call and they will confirm it it does carry windshield replacement with a $50 deductible instead of your comprehensive deductible it’s in my opinion worth it because I’ve had to replace three windshields already
I thought it was a 250 deductible?

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I’m rocking Geico MBI. Used it twice this year on items out of warranty. It’s going on my next new vehicle. Just wished the deductible was less.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m rocking Geico MBI. Used it twice this year on items out of warranty. It’s going on my next new vehicle. Just wished the deductible was less.
It will be interesting to see if their algorithms ever determine that your Jeep is a "bad risk" if you ever get to the point of having too many claims.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I asked in relation to my current Durango RT and the answer was no. High mileage vehicles breakdown. They are strict about not covering maintenance. For example, my thermostat broke and coolant had to be replaced. Although that’s was required because it was required to fix the thermostat they didn’t cover it.

Does give pause to whether DPF will be treated as maintenance if it fails within a 100k. They may take the work filter literally. Don’t see any reason they wouldn’t

Sponsored

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
Ended up geting the 8/125/0 deductible. Covers everything in the emissions system except the particulate filter

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Ended up geting the 8/125/0 deductible. Covers everything in the emissions system except the particulate filter
Mopar extended warranty ?

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
U mind sharing price?

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score