Mopar Extended Factory Warranty

1. shufly09

shufly09 Member

First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Ecodiesel JL (ordered)
    Liked:
    I just got an email from Mopar regarding extended warranties. Curious if anyone is looking to get one. I called and these were the prices they were quoting:

5 year/60k miles for $1015
    6 year/75k miles for $1520
    8 year/125k miles for $2650

Note - they don't offer unlimited mileage warranties for the diesel engine. Also, these prices were for complete, bumper-to-bumper warranty, so everything would be covered (power train, electronics, etc).

Thoughts?

2. JLURD

JLURD Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
    Liked:
    Depends on your modification plans and risk tolerance in general. If you’re honestly considering it, I’d be verrry careful about the fine print because they LOVE to exempt things like “full” aka failed DPFs and EGR failures when they can. Those and the SCR system will be the most common failures on the 3.0...right now they’re tied with electronics requiring update with an n of 1 for each on @nihkole’s rig. If you’re going to heavily modify, I’d be careful about how they determine if the modifications negate the warranty claim.

3. Matx

Matx Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    14 JKU
    Liked:
    Is that after the factory warranty ends or runs along with it?

4. four low

four low Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL
    Liked:
    These generally run from the " In Service Date " of the vehicle, concurrent with 3/36, 5/60, so actual coverage is by subtracting the original factory warranty.
    The 8/125 is actually 5/89,000, but that's Bumper to Bumper,that's the one I would get.
    I believe they are Transferrable, and refundable if not used if you want to sell vehicle

5. Matx

Matx Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    14 JKU
    Liked:
    Just a fyi it has a 5 year 100k powertrain warranty.

6. Beestmode

Beestmode Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Travis
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JLUR Diesel
    Liked:
    It's limited though. Powertrain is covered for 5/100 but the EGR stuff is only covered for 3 yrs 36k. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm reading in the manual.

7. JLURD

JLURD Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Yup, same with the DPF. I told the dealer if you’re not covering the emissions system past 36, I’m not buying extended coverage. When it fails, the trash heap will be its next stop and the government can pay for a replacement if they are so interested in saving the world from FCA’s poor emissions control reliability.

Toniagp likes this.
  8. Beestmode

Beestmode Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Travis
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JLUR Diesel
    Liked:
    And maybe there will be minimal damage to the engine by 36k so that you can delete before anything bad happens.

9. 2020 Diesel JL

2020 Diesel JL Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Peter
    Vehicle(s):
    1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
    Liked:
    General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
    Garage Profiles:
    #9 Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    So they are only covering the DPF, SCR, and DEF systems for 3/36. What does the extended warranty cover pertaining to the DPF, SCR, and DEF systems? If they have a delete by then I would imagine the extended warranty would be void if it was done. That would make the extended warranty not worth the $$.

10. JLURD

JLURD Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Deleting emissions garbage should not void warranty on other drivetrain components, though I could see a denied claim over an ECU mod if the engine had issues. You could always revert the ECU to stock temporarily to get around that.

11. 2020 Diesel JL

2020 Diesel JL Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Peter
    Vehicle(s):
    1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
    Liked:
    General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
    Garage Profiles:
    Deleting emissions increases power output that I believe would void ALL drivetrain warranties. More power more stress on parts. I have driven diesels that have had deletes and the power output increase is remarkable. A warranty companies main goal is to take in as much money as possible and spend as little as possible not fix your vehicle. Don't be fooled by the smiling face on the brochure. I deal with quite a few warranty companies every day and you would have to hope that the shop that is working on it does not say anything and if they send a inspector out you would be done. The dealer would not want to risk getting caught not divulging anything like that.

12. Andy-jr.

Andy-jr. Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
    Liked:
    I passed on all the extended warranty crap because of them not covering the EGR and other misc parts. The factory warranty is 5/100000 on the powertrain, that's the only thing I would be worried about passed the 3/360000. Everything else is either a part that will get modified or a part that will wear out over time and probably not covered.

13. JLURD

JLURD Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Yea it’s a gamble and not a good one, which is why I’m not banking on any warranty coverage for this thing after 36k.