Sponsored

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I assume you added the round wide angle mirrors? Mine didn’t come with those.
Yes, I added those. I hate having a blind spot and always add them. They were a 2 dollar 2-pack from walmart.
Sponsored

porkninjason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon 2 Door
i'm just about to buy these, but i want to keep my blind spot sensor-- anyone have the part number for the mirrors with the blind spot sensor it in? is it even possible to run the wire for that?

Marc3

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
i'm just about to buy these, but i want to keep my blind spot sensor-- anyone have the part number for the mirrors with the blind spot sensor it in? is it even possible to run the wire for that?
I highly doubt they will EVER release a doors off mirror kit with blind spot detection. How would you run the electrical/signaling to support the function?

Only way I would see this possible is with some sort of wireless connection like Bluetooth and batteries in the mirrors. That's a tall order to support blind spot. Not likely due to cost/complexity and liability...

Maybe the next rev of the Wrangler design takes their cue from the Ford Bronco, moving the mirrors to the body, avoiding this altogether. Not supporting or rejecting this option but that's the only way I'd see it playout.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I highly doubt they will EVER release a doors off mirror kit with blind spot detection. How would you run the electrical/signaling to support the function?

Only way I would see this possible is with some sort of wireless connection like Bluetooth and batteries in the mirrors. That's a tall order to support blind spot. Not likely due to cost/complexity and liability...

Maybe the next rev of the Wrangler design takes their cue from the Ford Bronco, moving the mirrors to the body, avoiding this altogether. Not supporting or rejecting this option but that's the only way I'd see it playout.
Look at the current design. Seems like they could have wired that up for the blind spot monitoring functionality and included a clip to run a wiring harness down behind the bracket and into the interior to clip into the existing harness, especially at that price point. Make it removable at the mirror side so you can run it without as well and everyone's happy. Might not be the perfect solution because you have the wiring harness "exposed" but it could be wrapped up and secured and provide the functionality that people want.

Marc3

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Gang. In case someone was wondering how well these are made or how they mount and look, attached are a few pics of our Jeep. No doubt they are pricey but they are well made and feel like the standard mirrors.

The kit comes with everything you need to mount them. Some minor assembly is required.

-You need to remove the bolt on the small square panel where the windshield/door meet. It's replaced by a longer bolt from the kit.

-There is a clamp with a thumb screw that is used to clamp the mirror down between the body and plastic interior trim that runs along the inside edge of the door opening near the dash. You simply pull the plastic trim panel away from the sheet metal, insert the steel tongue into the opening and then secure it by tightening it down with the thumb screw. There is a piece of foam padding already installed on the flat section that gets secured to the sheet metal so it won't damage the finish.

-Also included is a bolt to affix the bottom of the mirror base to the upper door hinge.

-Finally, there are multiple screws that are used to attach the mirror to the base.

All in all, taking my time, it probably took 20 minutes to assemble and mount the mirrors once the doors were off.

I would expect that removal and re-installation of the assembled mirrors would take under 10 minutes for each process if you keep the mirrors assembled for storage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit announced for Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator 20210606_112804_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit announced for Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator 20210607_194329
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit announced for Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator 20210607_194337

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
It's been in the high 70s the last couple days. Here are pictures of how they mount for anyone who wants to see.

I took them up to 60 mph in a test drive, nothing long distance yet. They are stable and usable. I'm happy with them for on road driving, off road will be seen at a later date.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit announced for Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator 20210607_194337

photostudio_1617414049531.jpg
Thank you, thank you for the excellent pics and info.

Like several others, all I could find was that one stock photo and some of the sites selling the kit do make it seem like all you get are the brackets.

Many of my friends have Jeeps and universally their doors off mirrors all suck. They vibrate, they rotate around at highway speed, etc.

I was excited to see there was a factory option for my 22 that wasn't there for my 21. I jumped on it.

Also luv you adding the round, wide angles. We have built-in ones from the factory on a couple of our cars and they are great.

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
anyone have a 4xe with this kit? i'm hoping there won't be fitment issues due to the charge port

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
$295....for that price I'd definitely go with the CMMs....!

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
the cmm's are definitely nice but the fov is very limited imo that's why i'm interested in this kit.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
the cmm's are definitely nice but the fov is very limited imo that's why i'm interested in this kit.
Absolutely true about the FOV. I have seen people mount larger mirrors on the arms though. I got use to it so no bid deal for me now.

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
A quick google search and you can find them for ~$240 & imo, look better than the CMMS. There's always debate, but if you adjust your side mirrors correctly, there are no blind spots - even in the JLs.