Sponsored

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Now there's one less reason to buy the bronco!
(from the mopar website)
"Mirror Relocation Brackets allow you to move your factory mirrors from the doors to the body of the vehicle. Constructed of black powder-coated steel for long life and durability. Each kit includes a black steel filler plate for the door. Sold in pairs."
everyone hating on these. But I’m thinking I’m gonna pick up a pair. My wife loved the OEM look vs aftermarket ones.
Sponsored

porkninjason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon 2 Door
if i get to keep my heated, controllable mirrors on my jeep with the doors on and off, it's a win for me. I will wait until someone else buys them first a reviews them though!

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Now there's one less reason to buy the bronco!
(from the mopar website)
"Mirror Relocation Brackets allow you to move your factory mirrors from the doors to the body of the vehicle. Constructed of black powder-coated steel for long life and durability. Each kit includes a black steel filler plate for the door. Sold in pairs."
I'm kind of confused by the first picture. I get that it's the mirror bracket and a light bracket combined. But it looks like the mirror bracket is inserted into the top hinge. If that is the case, how is a relocation bracket and why would you need round plugs for the doors?

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
Part Description
"Exterior mirror kit for use during doors-off driving. Kit comes with two mirrors with custom mounting brackets finished in powder coat Black paint. Compatible with Jeep Wrangler A-pillar bracket part 82215427 and Jeep Gladiator part 82216213 (sold separately)"

Please help me understand. This kit comes with two mirrors and the mounting brackets to relocate the original mirrors. So what does one do with the two extra mirrors? And as far as adjusting them, the controls are hanging in your garage attached to the doors you removed.

Did I miss something???

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
When you think about it......the criticism of mopar IS warranted.
The JL has been out for three complete model years. Now on the eve of the Fourth model year being released.....they finally come out with a bracket to mount mirrors without the doors.....and sadly it could have been much better. They are not paying attention to the customers wishes....they need to fire the design team and hire some new Designers that are Jeep enthusiast. They really could have done a better job......ESPECIALLY at that price point. I love Jeep...but fair criticism IS due.

Sponsored

JLrookie

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
cmmoffroad.com ... best aftermarket mirrors out there, they are awesome.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Why would they release a design that is not compatible with trail doors including their own?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I'm very happy with my CMM mirrors after I swapped out the round mirrors for larger rectangular mirrors. The nice thing about the Mopar mirrors is that they are inside of the outer enclosure so they will be unaffected by wind. Price is essentially the same.
What mirrors did you use? I’m very happy with my CMM mirrors but my husband isn’t crazy about the small mirrors.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

DShanesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar Announces New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator

October 30, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Mopar is introducing a new, factory-backed, doors-off mirror kit for Jeep® owners looking to safely enjoy the ultimate open-air driving experience in their Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Gladiator.

When original, factory-installed front doors with attached mirrors are removed, two separately mounted side mirrors may be quickly and easily installed for an enhanced rear view.

“Mopar offers more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed performance parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – North America. “With our new doors-off mirror kit, Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator owners will enjoy an improved range of vision during their open-air adventures.”

Unlike other aftermarket offerings, Mopar’s doors-off mirrors are specifically engineered and tested to original-equipment standards, providing a production-equivalent field of view with minimal vibration. Each mirror in the kit attaches to a cowl-end cap bolt and the upper door hinge. In addition, an innovative, custom thumb wheel-nut-clamp is used as an attachment point to the door flange.

Mounting brackets are finished with an anti-corrosion undercoat and durable black powder-coat finish. Mirrors include a built-in break-away feature that prevents damage while in tight spaces on the road or trail.

Installation is simple with the use of a T40 bit wrench, which is in the standard tool kit found in all new Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator models. No special tools are required.

Available for purchase as a stand-alone part in the U.S. and Canada, the new Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit (Part # 82215331AB) has a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $295. The kit is available for current-generation (2018-current) Jeep Wrangler and (2020-current) Jeep Gladiator models.

The standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage for the mirror kit and bracket includes two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle’s warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep Wrangler JL.jpg
Thanks but no thanks. I’d rather keep my $40 bolt on mirrors from Amazon. $295?? Are they drunk?
Soon they will wise up and make the mirrors already attached to the frame instead of the door. I don’t like the Bronco but this is one way that Ford could be helping Jeep to make some minor upgrades in their design.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I just recieved my mirrors from brown Santa today. It's too cold to take my doors off and put them on my Jeep, but I assembled them. The fit and finish is factory and the mirrors are actually usable. They are miles above the Lange trail mirrors I had for my JK. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

20210117_164405.jpg

20210117_164401.jpg

20210117_164351.jpg

20210117_164346.jpg

20210117_164334.jpg

20210117_164329.jpg

20210117_164316.jpg

20210117_164304.jpg
Sponsored