Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Your vehicle is listed as a 2012 JK, right next to your post, in your forum avatar.
So it does. I apologise, doesn't show on my side like that. I had to hunt for to see that.
Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Hard pass from me. I don’t like that bulky bracket one bit. CMMs are a much more elegant design.
With all the brackets I feel this could have easily left the door hinge free. Maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong.
I think Jeep did themselves a huge disservice releasing that picture to advertise this mirror kit. Judging by many of the posts in this thread, I don't think you guys are alone in your interpretation of it. I am almost certain (won't know for sure until someone has them in hand) that the picture shows both the Doors-off Mirror Kit AND the A-Pillar Light Bracket. Take a look at the picture of the A-Pillar Light Bracket by itself that I posted back in post #30. I 'm pretty sure this mirror bracket is barely larger than the footprint of the mirror's own mounting foot. That being said, it would mean that you get even less bracket for the MSRP of $295... :LOL:

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Wow with all respect - for those of you that really hate these MOPAR mirrors and complained about it - life must really be tough when you have your Jeep doors on - WITH THE ORIGINAL MIRRORS!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit announced for Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator 1ace

See the dilemma?? I feel for you! :facepalm:

Bill 13

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR
That seems to be the only picture on the web, and it looks rather awkward to me.

On closer inspection, it looks exactly like a TJ mirror bolted to a bracket that adapts to the JL.
These were my exact thoughts when I first saw it! The base for the mirror looks exactly like the one on my old TJ (where the finish flaked off and oxidized in a few years). Too funny.

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
That seems to be the only picture on the web, and it looks rather awkward to me.

On closer inspection, it looks exactly like a TJ mirror bolted to a bracket that adapts to the JL.
Agreed. Just bought those mirrors for tube doors. They are fairly easy to attach

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Jeez.
The door come off so easy and though I rarely take them off, when I do, I don't want to have to also put on mirror brackets. Then take the mirror brackets off on Monday when the doors go back on for the commute. Pretty lame product, really.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
I'm very happy with my CMM mirrors after I swapped out the round mirrors for larger rectangular mirrors. The nice thing about the Mopar mirrors is that they are inside of the outer enclosure so they will be unaffected by wind. Price is essentially the same.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Jeez.
The door come off so easy and though I rarely take them off, when I do, I don't want to have to also put on mirror brackets. Then take the mirror brackets off on Monday when the doors go back on for the commute. Pretty lame product, really.
The write-up from Car and Driver suggests that the mirrors stay on, full-time. Not sure if that is accurate.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very happy with my CMM mirrors after I swapped out the round mirrors for larger rectangular mirrors. The nice thing about the Mopar mirrors is that they are inside of the outer enclosure so they will be unaffected by wind. Price is essentially the same.
Agreed - I'll keep my CMM mirrors - I like them with the supplied round convex mirrors but the thought of larger ones has crossed my mind and might even be a slight improvement!

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
So it includes the mounting bracket for a light in front of the A pillar? That's crap. There are much better solutions out there.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Wow with all respect - for those of you that really hate these MOPAR mirrors and complained about it - life must really be tough when you have your Jeep doors on - WITH THE ORIGINAL MIRRORS!!!

See the dilemma?? I feel for you! :facepalm:

It ain't the mirror itself... it's also the fugly staircase-looking mount that gives it an odd-looking appearance with the doors off. It's too... busy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit announced for Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator pew

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
The write-up from Car and Driver suggests that the mirrors stay on, full-time. Not sure if that is accurate.
Hmm... wonder if the new mirrors retain electric adjustment and blind spot warning. I'd consider it if it did. Maybe with a less gaudy mount.

porkninjason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon 2 Door
Now there's one less reason to buy the bronco!
(from the mopar website)
"Mirror Relocation Brackets allow you to move your factory mirrors from the doors to the body of the vehicle. Constructed of black powder-coated steel for long life and durability. Each kit includes a black steel filler plate for the door. Sold in pairs."
Sponsored