@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
$295!!! Ridiculous.
CMM mirrors were 295 last I checked. Seems reasonable to me if they function as the factory ones in terms of location, size, field of view, etc. Also, keep in mind this is Jeep pricing :LOL:.
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I have noticed. Rock solid (no vibration) either.
@STUD

I also run the Lange Coyotes... no vibration, no whistle...solid, sturdy, and easily adjustable.

These Mopar mirrors look awkwardly bulky...and....$300? There are much better aftermarket offerings that look better for a fuck-lot less.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
They need to release a version that mounts to their tube doors.

telix

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I also run Lange Coyotes, or used to. Unfortunately they are not compatible after installing the cowl/a-pillar bracket for the 5 inch lights as seen in the photo.

It looks like the new mirror bracket goes under the a pillar bracket and shares that last bolt. I hope that bolt does not have to go on and off each time removing the doors. Looking forward to seeing an install video and review of how it pieces together and what parts stay on the Jeep.

Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Meh, looks tacky.
Meh - you know it is a MOPAR product right? So you are also saying that "Meh! Your Jeep looks tacky?" :facepalm:

My negativity comes from the fact that Jeep seems to drag their feet so much with accessories lately. They still haven't shown any accessories for the mopar reinforcement which was suppose to be coming. These are odd to me because you can't use them with tube doors. I also don't see the appeal of everything bolting into the pannel, I want to drop my windshield in the summer but if I get these I can't.

Just feels like the guys at Mopar always seem behind what others are doing, do it in a off the wall way, and charge entirely to much.

This is just my opinion, I'm sure they will be perfect for a lot of people and I'm just not one of them.
CMM mirrors were 295 last I checked. Seems reasonable to me if they function as the factory ones in terms of location, size, field of view, etc. Also, keep in mind this is Jeep pricing :LOL:.
$295!!! Ridiculous.
@STUD

I also run the Lange Coyotes... no vibration, no whistle...solid, sturdy, and easily adjustable.

These Mopar mirrors look awkwardly bulky...and....$300? There are much better aftermarket offerings that look better for a fuck-lot less.
Exkweeze me? Baking Powder?

I did not see the price at first.

That is insane.

I'll get some cheap Amazon ones.
Peeps! C'mon - what glue have you guys been sniffing? Honestly - any aftermarket parts for Jeep are super expensive anyway. MOPAR or not. I just don't understand why the criticism. I bought a simple rack to store my hardtop from Quadratec and those three pieces of woods cost almost $300. That is not cheap.

I am glad that MOPAR came up with the authentic looking side mirrors that I can mount when I am taking my doors off next summer. In matter a fact, I think that a lot of people buying MOPAR when they want to stay to the authentic Jeep design. Don't buy MOPAR items if you don't want to. But to criticize an item that has not been out show the bias against MOPAR. AND you are driving Jeep which most components are MOPAR. Sounds a bit oxymoron to me.

Me? Well I like style over function - I love the original design of my Jeep. I am glad that NOW there is an authentic Jeep side mirrors that I can buy which I am planning to. I know that everyone have opinions about everything but really - don't like it - don't buy it. There are a lot of other options out there. But to bash about the price when there are alternatives that are both cheaper or more expensive than any of MOPAR item - that is just double standard.

Sorry!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Hard pass from me. I don’t like that bulky bracket one bit. CMMs are a much more elegant design.

That said, options are good! Someone will live these, and that’s cool.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Hard pass from me. I don’t like that bulky bracket one bit. CMMs are a much more elegant design.

That said, options are good! Someone will live these, and that’s cool.
I'm happy with my CMMs too. But some will want the stock mirror size and location so this will be good for them.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My negativity comes from the fact that Jeep seems to drag their feet so much with accessories lately. They still haven't shown any accessories for the mopar reinforcement which was suppose to be coming. These are odd to me because you can't use them with tube doors. I also don't see the appeal of everything bolting into the pannel, I want to drop my windshield in the summer but if I get these I can't.

Just feels like the guys at Mopar always seem behind what others are doing, do it in a off the wall way, and charge entirely to much.

This is just my opinion, I'm sure they will be perfect for a lot of people and I'm just not one of them.
Do you have a JL ? The windshield glass portion of a JL folds down, the new JL mirror brackets are designed for this. Not for a JK, which your profile shows.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
For a company that markets “doors off”, it seems that 3 years is a long time before mirrors are available for said use.

as competition in the offroad space increases, Mopar is gonna need to stop eating donuts and start delivering products to market quickly.. Despite the fact that I will never use them personally this product (and things like half doors) should have been available for purchase by customers in 2018 with the release of the JL. Zero excuses that they weren’t.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Do you have a JL ? The windshield glass portion of a JL folds down, the new JL mirror brackets are designed for this. Not for a JK, which your profile shows.
Yes, Yes I do. Not sure where you see a JK at all, as my red rubi is a JL. I've also posted a lot about how my soft top has issues and looking for a good hi lift mount on the mopar tailgate reinforcement.

My comment about the windshield not being able to drop was because when I originally asked (a long while ago now) about the light pods I was under the impression it would hit the light. This specific product looks like a lot of brackets to hold a mirror and also disallows the use of any tube door.

And to KenPewPew I'm glad you like them, this is marketed to you. But don't pile up everyone that doesn't like this item as we hate mopar. I have the lift kit, tailgate reinforcement, wheels, and brake light and mostly like them all. With all the brackets I feel this could have easily left the door hinge free. Maybe I'm looking at the picture wrong.

And it's not like this was a new issue. Door off mirrors have been a thing since ... well Wrangler has been a thing I'm sure. In this case it took them 3 years to produce something....

With the tailgate they introduced something that has spots for accessories... but no accessories... It just seems crazy odd.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
So far I like these mirrors, I haven't been a fan of anything else on the market. I'll wait until we have more pictures before purchasing them.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
For a company that markets “doors off”, it seems that 3 years is a long time before mirrors are available for said use.

as competition in the offroad space increases, Mopar is gonna need to stop eating donuts and start delivering products to market quickly.. Despite the fact that I will never use them personally this product (and things like half doors) should have been available for purchase by customers in 2018 with the release of the JL. Zero excuses that they weren’t.
The advantage Jeep has is the huge aftermarket. No other vehicle comes close.
Sponsored