Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Maybe I'm wrong, I thought it allowed you to remove the mirrors from your doors and connect them to these brackets with a short wiring harness. I guess not
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, but the black mount for the light and mirror just doesn't sit well with me. It messes up the lines on the Jeep, IMHO. But still a viable solution, so good on Mopar.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I'm surprised it took them so long to offer this. Probably doing it now due to the Bronco coming out. Makes me wonder what else they will roll out in the future.
I heard they might try to design Jeeps that don't have shit steering and use some modern techniques for NVH control. Imagine that!

/sarcastic of course.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Looks like it will be incompatible with the the 4xe' charge port.
I'm guessing the cowl bracket remains a separate piece, and that this mirror mount will slide into the hinge, then bolt to that rear most mounting point of the cowl bracket. The cowl bracket just overlaps the mirror bracket and shares the mounting bolt.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
That looks so cheap... And looks like a tj or jk mirror.

Pass :(

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I'm guessing the cowl bracket remains a separate piece, I'm guessing this mirror mount will slide into the hinge, then bolt to that rear most mounting point of the cowl bracket. The cowl bracket just overlaps and shares the mounting bolt.
That's what I'm hoping for (and think I see in the pictures) too. I have no interest in the light mounting bracket. Hopefully the stock photo is just showing that these two individual accessories can both be mounted at the same time.

So much negativity in this thread. OEM finally presents a doors-off solution and everybody just craps on it... lol

They copied me ! I made these for the CJ style, but certainly adaptable to TJ style. Midsummer 2019..
They copied you? Did I miss the part where your bracket mounts in the hinge?...

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I can buy them for $232 plus tax. According to the parts catalog. They won't be available till January 2021. Under engineering review according to my parts department.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So much negativity in this thread. OEM finally presents a doors-off solution and everybody just craps on it... lol
My negativity comes from the fact that Jeep seems to drag their feet so much with accessories lately. They still haven't shown any accessories for the mopar reinforcement which was suppose to be coming. These are odd to me because you can't use them with tube doors. I also don't see the appeal of everything bolting into the pannel, I want to drop my windshield in the summer but if I get these I can't.

Just feels like the guys at Mopar always seem behind what others are doing, do it in a off the wall way, and charge entirely to much.

This is just my opinion, I'm sure they will be perfect for a lot of people and I'm just not one of them.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I like the Quadratec ones I had on my JK. They were still power and heated. And you could use them with the doors on.

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
No thanks. I’ll stick with my Kikbax.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My negativity comes from the fact that Jeep seems to drag their feet so much with accessories lately. They still haven't shown any accessories for the mopar reinforcement which was suppose to be coming. These are odd to me because you can't use them with tube doors. I also don't see the appeal of everything bolting into the pannel, I want to drop my windshield in the summer but if I get these I can't.

Just feels like the guys at Mopar always seem behind what others are doing, do it in a off the wall way, and charge entirely to much.

This is just my opinion, I'm sure they will be perfect for a lot of people and I'm just not one of them.
Well, they were first with a lift kit, so there's that. How about AEV and their vaporware bumpers?

I have a 2008 JK and it took a bit for stuff to hit the market when it came out. I remember well. I don't think the JL has taken any longer, in general. The issue is that the JK was out for 12 or so years when the JL came out, so it felt like we had nothing for the new Jeep when comparing to the JK catalogue. The mistake I think Mopar made, in this case, was showing off half doors in the Fall of 2017.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
True, Jeep came out first with a lift kit... but they also designed the entire suspension. They knew how make it happen, the other companies had to buy one and then start R&D.

Same thing with half doors. They showed them off at the reveal and it took them 3 years to finalize them? To me that seems like a really long time to make something you are already showing off..

Mopar should be the first on the scene with most products. It just feels to me they lag so far behind.

I just feel they have good plans, but maybe don't fill them out all the way. I mean the Mopar reinforcement has a ton of holes for "future accessories" but we haven't heard anything about those either.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
True, Jeep came out first with a lift kit... but they also designed the entire suspension. They knew how make it happen, the other companies had to buy one and then start R&D.

Same thing with half doors. They showed them off at the reveal and it took them 3 years to finalize them? To me that seems like a really long time to make something you are already showing off..

Mopar should be the first on the scene with most products. It just feels to me they lag so far behind.

I just feel they have good plans, but maybe don't fill them out all the way. I mean the Mopar reinforcement has a ton of holes for "future accessories" but we haven't heard anything about those either.
It’s typical giant company inertia. This is why startups are constantly surprising them. In auto/marine/aviation/pharma there is an escalating compliance regime which is what slows down startups, but not as much in other industries. This is also why competition is a good thing I.e. Bronco. I don’t think Wranglers will be the next BlackBerry but all institutions need to be careful and wary.

Simply put: Jeep is fat, not hungry.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I also don't see the appeal of everything bolting into the pannel, I want to drop my windshield in the summer but if I get these I can't.
I think (hope?) that these only use the rearmost bolt on the cowl as JRobes suggested. I think the bracket that wraps over the top (and would prevent windshield folding) is a separate piece.

Mopar Lower A-Pillar Offroad Light Mounting Bracket
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit announced for Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator 1604112846427
Sponsored