Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
An install post would be great. I want to replace my plain dash with the red thread one but am curious about how much of a job it is to do before I dig in.
Have you searched the forum for one? Not sure where, but I SWEAR I saw one somewhere here before..
Sponsored

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
The vid above is good, I used it twice on my Rubicon. Despite my Jeep being brand new I still had 2-3 clips that weren't cooperative and at least one flew off never to be found again, but if you've done door panel or dash work before, it'll be familiar enough.

Harbor freight sells a good "trim and molding tool" set for $9 that'll help you out.

I'm still fuzzy on the 392 interior - on my 2020 JLUR the red dash matched the red rubicon leather seat stitching. What exactly are the 392 seats? Black leather with Caramel stitching? I was holding on to my red stitched dash panels thinking they'd match.

I guess I may as well sell my red dash set then, I don't think I want multiple colors of stitching...

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
The vid above is good, I used it twice on my Rubicon. Despite my Jeep being brand new I still had 2-3 clips that weren't cooperative and at least one flew off never to be found again, but if you've done door panel or dash work before, it'll be familiar enough.

Harbor freight sells a good "trim and molding tool" set for $9 that'll help you out.

I'm still fuzzy on the 392 interior - on my 2020 JLUR the red dash matched the red rubicon leather seat stitching. What exactly are the 392 seats? Black leather with Caramel stitching? I was holding on to my red stitched dash panels thinking they'd match.

I guess I may as well sell my red dash set then, I don't think I want multiple colors of stitching...
It is black leather, but I'd say the stitching is somewhere between a caramel and orange, at least in my op. I definitely don't think the red would match well though.

OP
OP
pnut

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
An install post would be great. I want to replace my plain dash with the red thread one but am curious about how much of a job it is to do before I dig in.
I've seen some detailed instructions in 2 places if you want to do a search (Don't have the info handy would have to re-search on google).

1) Youtube videos
2) The Mopar install instructions for this part. I recall them being pretty detailed and complete when I clicked on it and read through them.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

If you decide to sell the dash top with the red stitching let me know. I would be interested.

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Perfect match confirmed! I even had my wife who has a much better eye for color confirm.
Thanks for verifying, I might order one just to have incase I decide to swap it, Never know when they decide to stop selling it. But the stock one is actually growing on me.

Sponsored

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
subscribing to see the installed pics

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

Are you saying you have a leather dash with red stitching you're wanting to sell? I may be interested...

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I just discovered that Mopar makes replacement dash trims in various colors/materials/trim.

This one appears to match the 392 color combo. Interested if someone with a 392 has or will do this? I don't want to be first :)

https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/6ac241k5aa-6ac261k5ad.html
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar dash trim - black leather with Carmel color stitching IMG_1471
This is the dash color stitching that came stock on my High Altitude. It’s on the dash, doors and seats as well. It looks really good too & I think you’ll like it very much.
Sponsored