Sponsored

Mopar Cold Air Intake /w Hood Cutout for 2.0?

Deleted member 43521

The CAI cut out I did on my TJ was not flush. I custom made a cutout in that area that opened facing down for elements protection but would also not be affected by speed or water
Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
The area you speak of is so small that at any speed it would not support the amount air need. So pulling air from engine bay would have to be used in conjunction with the air from the slot on the grill. Also the area you speak of on the passenger side is about 2x2.5. If anything is placed ( winch, lights, etc,) near it that will hinder the flow. Also I agree that at higher speeds the flow would be negative with that CAI from mopar. I feel it would actually be negative as it could cause a vacuum effect at higher speeds. By higher speeds I am referring to any above 65mph.
Jeep did a pretty good job of sealing that chamber off from the engine bay and without any other way to feed air to the box, Im not sure what percentage of air making it into the box comes from the engine bay but I believe its extremely low.

I think we are in complete agreement on everything else. That chamber is definitely a bottleneck to air flow into the motor especially once you begin modifying a Jeep. That is why our H.E.R.O. Hood was designed to ram air directly to that chamber to help the engine breathe.

Deleted member 43521

Jeep did a pretty good job of sealing that chamber off from the engine bay and without any other way to feed air to the box, Im not sure what percentage of air making it into the box comes from the engine bay but I believe its extremely low.

I think we are in complete agreement on everything else. That chamber is definitely a bottleneck to air flow into the motor especially once you begin modifying a Jeep. That is why our H.E.R.O. Hood was designed to ram air directly to that chamber to help the engine breathe.
What is your HERO hood

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
i'll be installing the Rugged Ridge AmFib but will have it painted to match the color of my Jeep.. No cutting required and looks very OEM..

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Outstanding looking hood!!! Unfortunately this disabled vet can’t afford high ticket items like that. ( can’t afford most aftermarket items) that’s why I have to cut weld and try to fabricate something. OK anything and everything i have to fabricate for my Jeep
for that price i rather have the Mojave hood on my JL https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/mojavehoodkit.html

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Outstanding looking hood!!! Unfortunately this disabled vet can’t afford high ticket items like that. ( can’t afford most aftermarket items) that’s why I have to cut weld and try to fabricate something. OK anything and everything i have to fabricate for my Jeep
Thank you. We completely understand. We try to be competitive but it is expensive to make a product here in the U.S.

If its any consolation, we have always offered free shipping to all active and retired military.

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
for that price i rather have the Mojave hood on my JL https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/mojavehoodkit.html
We cant tell someone what to do with their hard earned money but the Mojave hood is heavier than our H.E.R.O. Hood and is completely non functional. You would be spending close to the same amount of money on a hood that only gives you aesthetics while ours would provide an aggressive yet subtle aesthetic look as well as heat reduction and ram air.

Steve Jennings

First Name
Not Now
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neveragain.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Scooter
Occupation
Trust Funder
We cant tell someone what to do with their hard earned money but the Mojave hood is heavier than our H.E.R.O. Hood and is completely non functional. You would be spending close to the same amount of money on a hood that only gives you aesthetics while ours would provide an aggressive yet subtle aesthetic look as well as heat reduction and ram air.
Yours is the best on the market.
Have you measured the actual temp decrease underhood, increase in post air filter air pressure and decrease in air temp before the turbo?
When will you have a carbon hood on the market?

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Yours is the best on the market.
Have you measured the actual temp decrease underhood, increase in post air filter air pressure and decrease in air temp before the turbo?
When will you have a carbon hood on the market?
Thank you!

We do not have that data and we know we need to get something. We have been struggling to figure out a fair way to gather that data. There are way too many variables to account for (ambient temp, engine temp, intake air temp, engine load, wind etc...) so we have been brain storming ways of gathering metrics that would still be fair without having to rent a controlled environment with some REALLY expensive equipment.

We dont have plans for a carbon hood at this time. Its already hard to compete on price with all of the Chinese crap out there that the cost of a true carbon hood would yield virtually no sales.
Sponsored