Sponsored

Mopar Cold Air intake not coming to market??!!

mcaudill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey guys,

Hope this is a good place for this question. I'm wanting to use the Rugged Ridge AmFib low mount snorkel with a MOPAR 3.6L Cold Air Intake System. I'm pretty limited as a mechanic, but I really enjoy puttering around with my JLU.
It appears the aftermarket MOPAR intake uses the lower half of the OEM air box, so the AmFib should install normally. Seems to me the larger intake diameter on the MOPAR intake and the cooler outside air from the AmFib would be a good combination without cutting a hole in my hood.
I'm not asking if you like the idea (we've all got our own opinions on intakes), I'm asking if anyone knows a reason why it wouldn't work.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Zyaal8r

First Name
zyaal8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Added the MOPAR Cold Air Intake to my 2020 Wrangler Willys Edition - With the vent open - its definitely much more throaty and responsive. No effect at low RPM - Gotta Rev and Go - Higher the Revs the Sweeter it Sounds!
When the Vent is Closed can hear a slight difference but not like when its opened.
I sat on this project for a month - installed the receiver and cover out of the box, however was hesitate to cut the hood (part 2) until I read this post and saw some pictures. The Cutting of a new hood was very nerve wrecking and its easy to make mistakes. However small flaws can be covered by the bezel.
Very happy after I finally decided proceed, not only does it look good it actually performs well as well!

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

Last edited:

acoz8

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Hey guys,

Hope this is a good place for this question. I'm wanting to use the Rugged Ridge AmFib low mount snorkel with a MOPAR 3.6L Cold Air Intake System. I'm pretty limited as a mechanic, but I really enjoy puttering around with my JLU.
It appears the aftermarket MOPAR intake uses the lower half of the OEM air box, so the AmFib should install normally. Seems to me the larger intake diameter on the MOPAR intake and the cooler outside air from the AmFib would be a good combination without cutting a hole in my hood.
I'm not asking if you like the idea (we've all got our own opinions on intakes), I'm asking if anyone knows a reason why it wouldn't work.

Thanks.
Just wondering if you ever found an answer to your question because I am looking at the same thing.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I removed the OEM airbox for better access to route and secure the wiring for my Warn winch and thought since I already had it apart...I contacted the local dealer who also sells wholesale parts online and bought the Mopar CAI. I have not yet installed the hood vent and will likely wait till Borla releases their Touring Climber Cat Back for the JL 2-doors (they promise it's coming...) and do both at once. This also give me more time to look into the new Livernois tune, doing all three I might actually see a noticeable performance gain!

Sponsored

Grantozer

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Added the MOPAR Cold Air Intake to my 2020 Wrangler Willys Edition - With the vent open - its definitely much more throaty and responsive. No effect at low RPM - Gotta Rev and Go - Higher the Revs the Sweeter it Sounds!
When the Vent is Closed can hear a slight difference but not like when its opened.
I sat on this project for a month - installed the receiver and cover out of the box, however was hesitate to cut the hood (part 2) until I read this post and saw some pictures. The Cutting of a new hood was very nerve wrecking and its easy to make mistakes. However small flaws can be covered by the bezel.
Very happy after I finally decided proceed, not only does it look good it actually performs well as well!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Cold Air intake not coming to market??!! IMG_0714

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Cold Air intake not coming to market??!! IMG_0714
Are you supposed to use the block out plate behind this before taking it through car wash? I’d imagine a pressure washer jet to this area could get to the engine

Grantozer

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I know there is another thread around where a member had it cut with some pictures. There is also a guy on youtube who did it. I still have not cut mine, probably wait till spring at this point.
Are you supposed to use the block out plate behind this before taking it through car wash? I’d imagine a pressure washer jet to this area could get to the engine

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I would. I have driven in some decent rain and the inside of the airbox was dry. But a car wash I would definitely put it on.
Sponsored