Sponsored

Mopar Cargo tray for cloth seats worth it?

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
is this worth the cash or should I just get a normal cargo tray without the back seat covers? is the flap annoying or any part of this set up annoying. I dislike that it is not flush but I want to get the opinion of those who have and used this product.

Thank you
Dan
Sponsored

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
is this worth the cash or should I just get a normal cargo tray without the back seat covers? is the flap annoying or any part of this set up annoying. I dislike that it is not flush but I want to get the opinion of those who have and used this product.

Thank you
Dan
1. Buy it

2. Dont like it?..return it

3 like it?...keep it

Done

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
if I install it and don't like and return it im left with holes in the back of my seats so that's not a really good approach, but thank you for your input

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I don't have cloth, I have leather, but I love the Mopar Cargo Mat. I also like that it protects the seat backs. I like it so much: I bought the Trail Rail Management System to go along with it. I know some people complain about the "flap" popping off, but that usually only happens if the connectors are installed backwards.
IMG_20190426_123715.jpg

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
I have the weather tech cargo liner in my JLUR and it works great for my needs. The weather tech fit and quality is top notch. I considered the mopar version but ultimately decided against it because of the holes, install process and it wasn’t full coverage on the floor. I say get a weather tech. Just drops in and slides out to be cleaned. Simple

Sponsored

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I'd probably skip the mopar mat if I could do it again. Install is a pain, but not a big deal. The flaps are kind of annoying though. When you flip a seat down they dont fall flush, and pop up. Yes, pressure will hold them flat though. Maybe with more use they'll flatten out some more on their own. Still, would be a pass from me next time.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I'd probably skip the mopar mat if I could do it again. Install is a pain, but not a big deal. The flaps are kind of annoying though. When you flip a seat down they dont fall flush, and pop up. Yes, pressure will hold them flat though. Maybe with more use they'll flatten out some more on their own. Still, would be a pass from me next time.
Mine has gotten better with use. They are just so stiff when new. I’m a bit torn as to whether I’d buy it again. I like the full length coverage and the material is good but not crazy about the flap design.

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That’s what bothers me the most is the flap. I won’t be putting my seats down that much and I don’t like weather tech floor mats. And I want a cargo mat

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
They don't work with seat covers unless you also cut holes in the seat covers. Seems obvious, but didn't occur to me until I installed the seat covers.

OP
OP
Dansjeep

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Is there any option to just buy cargo tray without the seat back covers and

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
55C535B2-FC66-40FB-B809-5E08B6AA1BFB.jpeg
I went with a Canvasback Cargo liner. Perfect fit, covers the gap(not supported though) and seat backs. Lots of patterns available, I just went black. Not a great picture, but one I have handy on my phone

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Is there any option to just buy cargo tray without the seat back covers and
No, you can buy the gap hider separately but not the cargo tray vs. seat backs. I didn't install the seat back portions just the tray, hider, and lower covers which doesn't require cutting into the seats.

I bought it primarily for the gap hider since I have a large dog in the back and have been pleased so far.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I went with a Canvasback Cargo liner. Perfect fit, covers the gap(not supported though) and seat backs. Lots of patterns available, I just went black. Not a great picture, but one I have handy on my phone
I really like how tight fitting that looks. How long have you had it installed and is it easy to clean up dog hair?

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I have the weather tech cargo liner in my JLUR and it works great for my needs. The weather tech fit and quality is top notch. I considered the mopar version but ultimately decided against it because of the holes, install process and it wasn’t full coverage on the floor. I say get a weather tech. Just drops in and slides out to be cleaned. Simple
Same. I wanted more coverage than the Mopar part offered. Very happy with my WeatherTech.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Does this liner stay attached to the back of the seats when they are in the up position?
Sponsored