USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried to install the Tuffy Deck Enclosure on top of the Mopar Trail Management System?

I know the Tuffy Enclosure usually bolts down through the middle OEM cargo hook. Was wondering if the deck enclosure would still fit on top of the rail and just bolt through the hole on the rail system since they both use the same hole on the deck. If anything, the Tuffy bracket may need to be shortened due to the rail, unless I am missing something.

I like a lot of the aspects of the trail management system, enough that I plan on installing it even with the Mopar price tag. But I have been checking out that Tuffy enclosure for a couple months. Would hate to have to give up one for the other.

Links:
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-579-tuffy-jl-deck-enclosure-for-alpine-subwoofer.aspx

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/left-floor-cargo-trail-rail-jeep-wrangler-jl
Sponsored

OP
OP
USMCJosh

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So I talked to the people at Tuffy and they mentioned to install the enclosure first and then install the trail rail so the L bracket is underneath the rail. They ensured me that they would be compatible. I guess going this route will allow one to use the entire rail system and slide brackets every where.

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't have my jlu yet but I went with local dealership in the rough measurement rather than spend $400 on some sort of cargo rear security this is pretty close to Dimensions you can put a padlock or a cable lock through it and or around the roll bar so that no one can walk offered it yet completely portable there is a 50 gallon and a 63 gallon lockable plastic tool chest one is $49 and I believe the other one is $79
20190120_142115.jpg

20190120_142323.jpg

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sorry the voice is not always accurate so that nobody can walk off with it LOL

KDubs

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
That’s great until someone takes a sawsall to the back side of it...someone broke into my pelican case using that method. I’m looking for some way to lock up my cargo area without breaking the bank!

slh7d

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So I talked to the people at Tuffy and they mentioned to install the enclosure first and then install the trail rail so the L bracket is underneath the rail. They ensured me that they would be compatible. I guess going this route will allow one to use the entire rail system and slide brackets every where.
I know this is an old post, but couldn't really find much info.

As it turns out in my 2019 JLUR, I had to install the bracket on top of the TRMS rail. But, the Tuffy enclosure still installed fine.

But yeah, now I have a bracket in the middle of the rails.
Sponsored