Sponsored

Mopar CAI kit installed on JL today. Feedback / review.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta say, that Mopar CAI hood vent just looks cool. (No pun intended!)
Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely, just message me or shoot me an email, we can do it as a custom order.
When someone does that and applies the decal, post up the pics! Can´t wait to see it!

OP
OP
JPAloha

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I might be the only one on the planet that things it looks ok cut into the Rubicon lettering.
Maybe it’s because my decals are trapped under the 3M that covers the entire hood but I cannot picture a shortened version looking right somehow.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it’s because my decals are trapped under the 3M that covers the entire hood but I cannot picture a shortened version looking right somehow.
In our minds we know what it says, and it remains at the right proportions. I have seen pics of one and just didn´t think it looked bad, at all. It isn´t like it is masking a mystery, right?

I think you are right because it will be out of proportion and unlike any other Rubicon sticker running around.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Has anyone noticed whether they're getting any better fuel mileage with the Mopar CAI? Reason I ask is I had an Xterra that was super charged back in the day. it got HORRIBLE mileage. Pulled the stock box and put on a cone cold air system. Noticed a huge jump in mileage.

Also, my 2 cents - vent looks cool going through the Rubicon decal. . . I want one!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I traded my Rubicon hood to a member with a Sahara and got $500 cash. I am ready to purchase this CAI kit but shoping first. 2019 Bam price $325 and free shipping is the bench mark. Looking forward to a DIY install. Contacted BAM @ $355 and free shipping they said, "no"

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I traded my Rubicon hood to a member with a Sahara and got $500 cash. I am ready to purchase this CAI kit but shoping first. 2019 Bam price $325 and free shipping is the bench mark. Looking forward to a DIY install. Contacted BAM @ $355 and free shipping they said, "no"
If you search they often have a coupon code. That's how I got the price down on mine.

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Not a fan of CAI and would never cut my hood. Looks bad on the Rubicon decal.

If I needed a snorkle I would get the Rugged Ridge kit and paint it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar CAI kit installed on JL today. Feedback / review. snorkle.JPG

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am not a fan of the rugged ridge intake system. Underhood plumbing to the cowl location is subject to pre-heating of outside intake air. R.R.'s extra plumbing also takes up space I use for aux. fuse's.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar CAI kit installed on JL today. Feedback / review. JL underhood accessory wirin

I do not need or want a snorkle so that's not a concern. Mopars location for the win.

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
I am not a fan of the rugged ridge intake system. Underhood plumbing to the cowl location is subject to pre-heating of outside intake air. R.R.'s extra plumbing also takes up space I use for aux. fuse's.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar CAI kit installed on JL today. Feedback / review. JL underhood accessory wirin

I do not need or want a snorkle so that's not a concern. Mopars location for the win.

If you really feel the need for a CAI and want to cut your hood then that's fine. I think it's a waste of money because it does nothing. If I wanted a different sound I would get a axle back and not destroy my hood.

This is why there are a lot of options. Everybody wants something different.

Go with what you want...but research first.