Sponsored

Mopar CAI kit installed on JL today. Feedback / review.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well done DIY video. I installed mine for the rarity as a factory option.
Sponsored

DuBDzO

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Jeep JL
I know this is an old thread but any chances someone on here can direct me on where to purchase the parts for the hood vent ? Because I have the cold air intake from purchase of my vehicle but it did not come with the hood vent parts

kis_face

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.6 JL 2-dr
I know this is an old thread but any chances someone on here can direct me on where to purchase the parts for the hood vent ? Because I have the cold air intake from purchase of my vehicle but it did not come with the hood vent parts
Unfortunately you cannot buy just the hood vent parts. The hood vent parts are only included in the complete CAI kit. If you had the factory install the kit they often leave the hood vent parts in a box inside the jeep for you to install yourself. If they did not include them you would have to purchase the complete kit again just to get the hood vent parts.

Reactions: AFD

DuBDzO

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Jeep JL
Oh wow. Yeah seems like it must have been tossed before I received the car 8 months ago.

OP
OP
JPAloha

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wow. Yeah seems like it must have been tossed before I received the car 8 months ago.
Assuming you bought new I’d try going back to the dealership and ask them to obtain the parts. Maybe they have an option not normally open to the public.

Sponsored

DuBDzO

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Jeep JL
Assuming you bought new I’d try going back to the dealership and ask them to obtain the parts. Maybe they have an option not normally open to the public.
I’ll try this when I head there in December ( I live in south Florida and the dealer is Dan Cummins in kentucky)

kis_face

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.6 JL 2-dr
I’ll try this when I head there in December ( I live in south Florida and the dealer is Dan Cummins in kentucky)
The dealership will tell you it's not an orderable part because it's not. They will either take care of you and rob the hood parts from a complete kit to give to you or tell you there's nothing they can do unless you order a complete kit.

Chiringuito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
If you ordered the CAI on a new Jeep from the factory - I believe they don’t cut a hole in the hood because the intake is just to the right of the passenger side headlight - in the grill - no need to cut the hood which is why the parts aren’t shared by the dealer

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
If you ordered the CAI on a new Jeep from the factory - I believe they don’t cut a hole in the hood because the intake is just to the right of the passenger side headlight - in the grill - no need to cut the hood which is why the parts aren’t shared by the dealer
Thats where the intake always is. I would bet they dont cut the hood because they dont want the liability if something were to go wrong and the manufacturer isnt tooled up to make this step "automatic"

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The dealership will tell you it's not an orderable part because it's not.

They will either take care of you and rob the hood parts from a complete kit to give to you or tell you there's nothing they can do unless you order a complete kit.
This, particularly the bolded part, is the likely outcome, doubly so given the gap between the vehicle purchase date and now.

In every dealer-sourced vehicle purchase that I can recall, they included a "We Owe" form as part of the paperwork process. If the customer signs the form sans it including any missing parts or services, that relieves the seller of further liability when the ink dries on everything else. Only dealer goodwill, which can't really be banked on, would provide relief further down the road, if or when the customer requires it.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
In every dealer-sourced vehicle purchase that I can recall, they included a "We Owe" form as part of the paperwork process. If the customer signs the form sans it including any missing parts or services, that relieves the seller of further liability when the ink dries on everything else. Only dealer goodwill, which can't really be banked on, would provide relief further down the road, if or when the customer requires it.
While this is true, I can't remember anyone here that's ever ordered the "factory-installed" performance intake ever receiving the hood cut-out parts that come with the stand-alone kit (whether installed or loose in the vehicle). Still not sure why this is, but it doesn't seem to be a case of lost or missing parts, but a strange policy with Jeep themselves.

And even if it was something a dealer agreed to later supply via IOU, the cut-out parts still can't be ordered by themselves and only ship with the complete kit.

As a customer, I'd still try it, but not really sure how the dealership would actually remedy the problem.
Sponsored