Sponsored

Mopar big brake kit?

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Maybe it's my poor interweb searching skills, but can anyone confirm whether the Mopar big brake kit is actually an upgrade on the Rubicon? Or it's only an upgrade to the Rubicon size for the Sport?
Sponsored

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
Mopar.com performance parts doesn't specify. From Quadratec:

After upgrading the wheels and tires on your Wrangler JL to larger sizes, the factory brakes will suffer some stopping power. Now with the Mopar Big Brake Kit, you can upgrade the braking system to compliment the larger wheels and tires. The kit consists of heavy-duty Rubicon brakes, front and rear calipers, rotors, pads, bolts and front hoses. This is everything you need to get the most performance out of the upgraded wheels and tires. Fits on 2018 Wrangler JL Sport & Sahara Models.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Maybe it's my poor interweb searching skills, but can anyone confirm whether the Mopar big brake kit is actually an upgrade on the Rubicon? Or it's only an upgrade to the Rubicon size for the Sport?
It's not. It's the standard brakes on the Rubicon. It's an upgrade for the Sport/Sport S.

OP
OP

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Ah, thanks... brakes are almost always something I upgrade

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Hey I just found this upgrade for a 637$ ..... anyone who did it and has a sport is it well worth it. I have 35 inch tires. It was on my list and it’s on clearance now

Sponsored

junglemaster

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S 6 Speed
Would you need to upgrade the brake reservoir and any other parts to take full advantage of the larger rotors and pistons?

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Would you need to upgrade the brake reservoir and any other parts to take full advantage of the larger rotors and pistons?
This is my original question but from what I understand it’s just the rubicon brake upgrade and the res and master cyl are the same. Only way to really know is ask someone who did this or compare to a rubicon.

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
This is my original question but from what I understand it’s just the rubicon brake upgrade and the res and master cyl are the same. Only way to really know is ask someone who did this or compare to a rubicon.
Correction..... I posted a separate thread and I asked that. I think you just get the parts that you don’t already have bud. I think
Sponsored