Sponsored

Mopar Begins Selling Wall Charger in Preparation for Jeep Wrangler 4xe Hybrid Electric

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Oh yea thats such a good reason. Cafe standards have really made motors and cars better... just ask C7 and C8 corvette owners...
have fun paying for repairs and battery swaps out of warranty my friend....
CAFE is not about making cars better or reasoning. It’s about reducing carbon footprint we leave behind. Like. Don’t like. Matters not. It’s here to stay. Fighting isn’t going to stop it.

Don’t buy the hybrid? I’m not. Not going to criticize another if they do. Free country. Be happy. :)
Sponsored

BSRubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Hydro Blue JT Rubicon - '17 Admiral Blue Grand Sport Corvette
Oh yea thats such a good reason. Cafe standards have really made motors and cars better... just ask C7 and C8 corvette owners...
have fun paying for repairs and battery swaps out of warranty my friend....
I'm a C7 owner - 2017 Grand Sport Z07 (carbon ceramic brake option) and use it as my daily driver. You can't ask C8 owners yet as the first customer orders aren't being produced until February 3rd. I'm not sure what you are implying, the C7 platform is the best performing Corvette ever, and the C8 will improve on that. Mine averages 22 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, and I've put 20K miles on it in 17 months of ownership since new. We have the most horsepower ever available in production cars despite or because of CAFE, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

I also own an old Corvette and have driven many more from previous gens. Other than nostalgia and being aesthetically pleasing they are relatively terrible at most car things compared to current production models. Just considering 0-60 times, even the famed 427 models can't touch a base Stingray now.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I'm a C7 owner - 2017 Grand Sport Z07 (carbon ceramic brake option) and use it as my daily driver. You can't ask C8 owners yet as the first customer orders aren't being produced until February 3rd. I'm not sure what you are implying, the C7 platform is the best performing Corvette ever, and the C8 will improve on that. Mine averages 22 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, and I've put 20K miles on it in 17 months of ownership since new. We have the most horsepower ever available in production cars despite or because of CAFE, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

I also own an old Corvette and have driven many more from previous gens. Other than nostalgia and being aesthetically pleasing they are relatively terrible at most car things compared to current production models. Just considering 0-60 times, even the famed 427 models can't touch a base Stingray now.
Im talking about the cylinder deactivation problem fyi... and everything that comes with thatz

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

these are going to sell like hot cakes here in LA. i see hybrids and e-this, e-that all over the place. most wranglers here are pavement pounding commuters.

i DD my wrangler on 35s to work. with this jeep i could drive to work and home on zero gas and charge it for free while at work. i take mine off road and scrape often. so we'll have to see what the verdict is for that usage. not that i plan on buying lol. im happy with the V6.

BSRubicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Hydro Blue JT Rubicon - '17 Admiral Blue Grand Sport Corvette
Im talking about the cylinder deactivation problem fyi... and everything that comes with thatz
I'm a sample size of 1 but so far no issues with cylinder deactivation in the '17 Grand Sport (20K miles) or previously owned '10 Camaro SS (sold with 120K miles). Some have had issues, but it is near impossible to name a vehicle of any type that doesn't have a common severe issue that affects some owners. Even 18,000 Wrangler JL's were recalled for bad welds, that is far more than cylinder deactivation problems and had nothing to do with CAFE. The good news is there are still millions of old vehicles available to purchase that aren't burdened with tech and emissions features that aren't useful to you. I own one, a C3 Corvette, but prefer to drive and enjoy driving the newer production vehicles I own.

Back on track, I talked with a Pacifica Hbrid owner recently and they had alot of good stuff to say about their ownership experience so far.

Sponsored

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
How do you charge it when you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere on a trail and your battery is out? Whats the conplan for that?
Gas powered generator? Just in case of emergencies. Don't hate on the tech 20 years from now we might be all be driving ev Wranglers. That's the only way jeep can survive. Each year the EPA keeps increasing restrictions on manufactures forcing them to put things like start stop.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Gas powered generator? Just in case of emergencies. Don't hate on the tech 20 years from now we might be all be driving ev Wranglers. That's the only way jeep can survive. Each year the EPA keeps increasing restrictions on manufactures forcing them to put things like start stop.
Or we can just have the epa roll back their stupid regulations. We certainly didn't vote for them, so why are they putting restrictions on something that we have no input on? And don't give me the muh climate change because so many other countries pollute waaaay worse than us. And CO2 is a catalyst for photosynthesis.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Or we can just have the epa roll back their stupid regulations. We certainly didn't vote for them, so why are they putting restrictions on something that we have no input on? And don't give me the muh climate change because so many other countries pollute waaaay worse than us. And CO2 is a catalyst for photosynthesis.
As long as everyone continues to vote for the two major parties, both of which support bigger government, we will continue to see increased regulation in America.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I'm not certain what type of battery FCA is using, but I do know that LiFePO4 batteries will not overheat or catch fire if punctured.

Meme-s-Facepalm-Meme-Decal__05209.1510982880.jpg
Dont take that out of context and cherry pick . I was talking about i stead of having 1 electric drive system now you have that plus battery and plus another engine that burns fuel to charge the battery so youve effectively made the entire system So complex that its very prone to failure and breakge. And now instead of any parts commonality, you have a internal combustion engine, a toxic and incendiary battery pack, and Electric motors. Sounds like such a great idea....

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Dont take that out of context and cherry pick . I was talking about i stead of having 1 electric drive system now you have that plus battery and plus another engine that burns fuel to charge the battery so youve effectively made the entire system So complex that its very prone to failure and breakge. And now instead of any parts commonality, you have a internal combustion engine, a toxic and incendiary battery pack, and Electric motors. Sounds like such a great idea....
It sounds like the same number of parts as all the eTorque equipped Jeeps, with the addition of a wall plug.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
The internet has made people dumber.

Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
After being married to someone who looks through negative lenses has made me feel sorry for the family of someone who rags on just about everything. Truly it is a downer to hear that negativity spewed day in and day out. Be happy!

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
We should pollute because others do? How about we should care because others do? See? You can always find basis to support any idea or argument. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: