Sponsored

Mopar Begins Selling Wall Charger in Preparation for Jeep Wrangler 4xe Hybrid Electric

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
The range anxiety issue is really interesting to me. I mean, where is the nearest electricity? About 3' away from me. Where is the nearest gas station? A couple blocks away. You could be 100 miles from a gas station, and still have powerlines right next to the road.

I know this doesn't help with actually charging a vehicle, but I can't help but appreciate the irony.
This is why a plug-in hybrid (like the current Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and upcoming Jeep Wrangler 4xe) is such a great technology. You plug in when you can, drive on battery for most of your daily miles (say 30 or 40), yet when the battery is empty, the vehicle continues to drive (and be fueled) like a regular gasoline car.
Sponsored

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Probably something better out there by Chargepoint or Siemens. These were rolled out for the PHEV Pacifica.

Sponsored

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
An adapter to be able to use a Tesla wall connector at home would be nice. The connector only supplies AC current to the car at a used selectable amperage to protect the wires feeding it. FCA has been sending millions to Tesla for Cafe penalties. Time to get something back.
My Tesla hates the way the Wrangler stinks up the garage in the morning. Starting off with a battery would be a nice improvement.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Everyone having different chargers is just stupid and all these tree huggers have ZERO regard for now building 10's of thousands of charging stations everywhere right on top of eachother because every company has to have their own. . Why can't all this get standardized, pay TESLA for being the pioneer and just use their 20,000 chargers they already have. Every manufacturer wants their own charger and type. This will never go anywhere until they get that figured our.

Also anyone ever think of when all these wonderful new global climate saving batteries need to be discarded? They aren't made out of paper like the new straws. How about making all the electricity for all that charging. They are not all solar dependent. The fact is folks think electric is the golden answer and the race to electric but the entire circle of life has not been figured out yet and quite frankly I don't believe it is saving anything.

Reactions: VNT

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where I am very little electric city comes from fossil fuels. Probably none after 12:30 am, which is when I charge.
Tesla tried to get a standard plug adopted, but the other auto makers would not agree, so they just went with their own.
As far as recycling batteries goes, Tesla is again leading the way. They are building a recycle facility not far from the battery manufacturing plant at Sparks, Nv. is. Why dig it out of the ground when you have everything you need in the used, damaged, or defective battery packs?

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Everyone having different chargers is just stupid and all these tree huggers have ZERO regard for now building 10's of thousands of charging stations everywhere right on top of eachother because every company has to have their own. . Why can't all this get standardized, pay TESLA for being the pioneer and just use their 20,000 chargers they already have. Every manufacturer wants their own charger and type. This will never go anywhere until they get that figured our.

Also anyone ever think of when all these wonderful new global climate saving batteries need to be discarded? They aren't made out of paper like the new straws. How about making all the electricity for all that charging. They are not all solar dependent. The fact is folks think electric is the golden answer and the race to electric but the entire circle of life has not been figured out yet and quite frankly I don't believe it is saving anything.
It’ll be saving me money. This I know

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order

Just a comment about Tesla chargers...as a Tesla owner I’m not very excited about sharing Tesla charging stations with FCA unless there is a commitment to build many more Tesla stations . In high traffic areas there is often a long wait to use Tesla chargers. And yes I much agree, plug configuration standardization should have been managed 10 years ago....

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It has the 2.0 motor which many with the JL own, so no downgrade when using the motor. Some may get the hybrid for the extra torque instead of for the mpg increase. I personally don't see any issue with the hybrid. I'll consider it in the future but will go with whichever (Diesel, Hybrid) motor has shown to be the most reliable. I want the torque.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
There are much better chargers on the market than this one

source: read my bio

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
Tip for everyone to check with your electric company to see if they offer rebates or incentives for installing specific chargers. We got our charger cord before it was available through ours, but they now offer a $500 rebate on a $600 charger.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Tip for everyone to check with your electric company to see if they offer rebates or incentives for installing specific chargers. We got our charger cord before it was available through ours, but they now offer a $500 rebate on a $600 charger.
happy to help anyone that’s curious. Solar also

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
So if all these different OEMs have different port configurations to plug into charge, public charging will be nothing but a cluster crap shot. I guess is doesnt matter on these since they are plug in hybrids but assuming all the full BEV are in the same boat, dont see full BEV in my future.

Anyone know how many give mes FCA has in reserve, I know some of the other manufacturers went thru their alotment yrs back, I assume other than the Pacifica hybrids they havent burned thru many so I assume all these Wrangler 4XE will qualify for the Fed Kick back credit.
Sponsored