Mopar Begins Selling Wall Charger in Preparation for Jeep Wrangler 4xe Hybrid Electric

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
No irony. Just change. That’s the irony. LoL

Advertisement

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
You stated electricity is all over the place : True.

it takes 8-12 hours to charge electric vehicles vs . 2 minutes currently on a fill up. Pretty big gap. No?

And we haven't even gotten into thermal implications yet .
Fast chargers can bring a vehicle to 80% in 30 minutes. Just long enough to go pee and eat something. 300 miles is a long time between stops. I can appreciate the extra 28 minutes to do other things while I recharge my own batteries and give my back a break. LoL

AnnDee4444

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So it sounds then like you agree with me then.
Of course I agree with the statement in post 61. I doubt anyone would disagree. What has me confused is that it reads like a counterpoint to an argument that I didn't make.

scramboleer

Reaction score
The range anxiety issue is really interesting to me. I mean, where is the nearest electricity? About 3' away from me. Where is the nearest gas station? A couple blocks away. You could be 100 miles from a gas station, and still have powerlines right next to the road.

I know this doesn't help with actually charging a vehicle, but I can't help but appreciate the irony.
This is why a plug-in hybrid (like the current Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and upcoming Jeep Wrangler 4xe) is such a great technology. You plug in when you can, drive on battery for most of your daily miles (say 30 or 40), yet when the battery is empty, the vehicle continues to drive (and be fueled) like a regular gasoline car.

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
They need to make a 3 row grand cherokee (grand wagoneer) hybrid and a v8 gladiator!

TopDown2020

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Probably something better out there by Chargepoint or Siemens. These were rolled out for the PHEV Pacifica.

Advertisement

Gibson Leatherworks

Advertisement