Sponsored

Mopar beadlocks in silver, did they not end up producing these? Can I strip a black wheel to silver?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Jeep had them on display on a concept last year but they're only for sale in black. Has anyone seen definitively whether these are available in silver?

If not, what would it take to get this done aftermarket - would I be looking for a sandblasting and re-powder coat in silver, or will wheels be a nice machined silver underneath the black factory coating?

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar beadlocks in silver, did they not end up producing these? Can I strip a black wheel to silver? nacho jee
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar parts always cost way too much for what you get. For about the same $, I suggest checking out the better quality KMC Machete Crawls. Already come in silver, which would bloat the price of refinishing the pricy Mopar ones

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

theyre not going to look when theyre stripped. not only that, but they would go to hell without any protective (finish) coating on them.

you'll need to have them stripped and then re-powder coated in whatever color you want. you can even have them brushed if you want to.

i highly recommend this shop in valencia (near magic mountain). they can handle all of that for you.
https://calchrome.com/

as mentioned, probably cheaper to just buy some new KMCs but if you really like those and want to make that happen, it can be done.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Just have them painted with a high grade paint like Imron.

OP
OP
jessedacri

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Mopar parts always cost way too much for what you get. For about the same $, I suggest checking out the better quality KMC Machete Crawls. Already come in silver, which would bloat the price of refinishing the pricy Mopar ones
theyre not going to look when theyre stripped. not only that, but they would go to hell without any protective (finish) coating on them.

you'll need to have them stripped and then re-powder coated in whatever color you want. you can even have them brushed if you want to.

i highly recommend this shop in valencia (near magic mountain). they can handle all of that for you.
https://calchrome.com/

as mentioned, probably cheaper to just buy some new KMCs but if you really like those and want to make that happen, it can be done.

I've had the KMC machetes in mind also, but am a little worried about the extreme offset (-38mm) they come in. I'm worried going that wide will affect drivability and also may cause me to not be able to fit into my tight driveway. If they made them in an even slightly less aggressive offset they'd already be on the Jeep but I feel like I at least need to see this setup in person (-38mm wheels on rubicon axles) before I went ahead with it.

Appreciate the info on the local shop - I'm still feeling this all out and could go any number of directions on wheels but I'll probably reach out for a ballpark cost.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
While I agree that a lot of MOPAR parts are overpriced, I think their beadlocks are quality. The backspacing and offset are well proportioned and you can find them decently priced if you take the time to shop around. Granted, I’m biased as I run them on my Jeep.
Sponsored