Mopar Beadlock wheels..what tires fit?

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Input needed. Going to make the jump to beadlocks. I run 37x12.50 BFG muds on stock rubicon rims now. I will continue to run these tires on the Beadlock rims. However, within the next year or so will go to 39x13.50 BFG muds.

I was set on the Mopar beadlocks(I like the looks) but there are so other high quality rims out there such as KMC or Hutchinson.

Now that I am a serious buyer I would buy these if they made them in right size(looks like they don’t)

I really like the look( beefy) and the performance on these.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Beadlock wheels..what tires fit? 27AAD0E1-E371-4EEA-BE98-C70711A78BE8

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Beadlock wheels..what tires fit? C1C79624-2D4D-47B9-963E-95229B2F3867
Sponsored

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Input needed. Going to make the jump to beadlocks. I run 37x12.50 BFG muds on stock rubicon rims now. I will continue to run these tires on the Beadlock rims. However, within the next year or so will go to 39x13.50 BFG muds.

I was set on the Mopar beadlocks(I like the looks) but there are so other high quality rims out there such as KMC or Hutchinson.

Now that I am a serious buyer I would buy these if they made them in right size(looks like they don’t)

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Beadlock wheels..what tires fit? C1C79624-2D4D-47B9-963E-95229B2F3867

I liked the looks of the mopar wheels too and the fact that they are relatively light weight. But I don’t think they will do what you want them to do.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x

$550 at quadratec

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thanks a bunch for the input. I think I am just going to go with the Mopar with beadlock ring and call it good for now.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you plan on using the beadlock function the tires that you can use are very limited. Plus the instructions say only use with OEM tires
I started this thread and came to the conclusion of many others. I really liked the mopar wheels, but they weren’t going to fit my needs. Here is a pic of what I ended up with. KMC machete with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

I order these in black, are they hubcentric?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
if you plan on using the beadlock function the tires that you can use are very limited. Plus the instructions say only use with OEM tires

I order these in black, are they hubcentric?
No they are not hubcentric. I have not had any issues though. I mounted the Ridge Grapplers myself and 4 out of the 5 won't even need balancing.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they are not hubcentric. I have not had any issues though. I mounted the Ridge Grapplers myself and 4 out of the 5 won't even need balancing.
did you buy the hub ring? what valve stems did you use?

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I am going to order a set of these soon. The mounting though. I would consider mounting them myself. However, pealing off the 5 tires from my current rims seams like a major task since I do not have the tools.

If I can not find someone to mount the new full beadlock rims on my tires what If I have a shop just mount my tires in non beadlock mode... then I would just need to pop the outer bead out on the rim and use the full beadlockring on the rim. I think I could handle that.

I don’t mind paying a shop to mount in full beadlock mode if reasonable... just don’t trust that they might jack up a bolt on the beadlock rim, etc.

thanks for you input

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to order a set of these soon. The mounting though. I would consider mounting them myself. However, pealing off the 5 tires from my current rims seams like a major task since I do not have the tools.

If I can not find someone to mount the new full beadlock rims on my tires what If I have a shop just mount my tires in non beadlock mode... then I would just need to pop the outer bead out on the rim and use the full beadlockring on the rim. I think I could handle that.

I don’t mind paying a shop to mount in full beadlock mode if reasonable... just don’t trust that they might jack up a bolt on the beadlock rim, etc.

thanks for you input
If you have the means, have a shop unmount your old wheels and then mount the new ones yourself. It’s not bad. A pry bar will pull the tire to the outside of your wheel. Then torque down the beadlock ring and slowly air them up. Once it “pops” recheck the torque on the rings and finish airing them up.

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
did you buy the hub ring? what valve stems did you use?
I didn't buy the hub ring. My thinking on that goes like this...I have had plenty of vehicles that rolled perfectly fine with lug centric wheels. If the ring is necessary, I could always add later. The valve stems, I ordered a new set of tpms sensors for one hole and some regular rubber stems for the other one all from Amazon. There are a lot of choices, but I went with products that had good reviews. I can provide links if you want, but there are plenty of good choices.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
If you have the means, have a shop unmount your old wheels and then mount the new ones yourself. It’s not bad. A pry bar will pull the tire to the outside of your wheel. Then torque down the beadlock ring and slowly air them up. Once it “pops” recheck the torque on the rings and finish airing them up.
+1

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thank UNC Rubicon. Sounds like a plan

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
I started this thread and came to the conclusion of many others. I really liked the mopar wheels, but they weren’t going to fit my needs. Here is a pic of what I ended up with. KMC machete with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Can you show me more pics of your ride with these wheels and tires? I have a white rubicon and I’m shopping around for different wheels
Sponsored