Mopar Beadlock wheels..what tires fit?

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I have a 2 door rubicon. I am about to install a Metal Cloak 2.5" Game Changer lift ( as soon as I get the new steering box....don't get me started). I have 5 Mopar beadlock wheels with the true beadlock rings. In another thread there was some discussion about the tire bead on some brands/models being too large or thick for the rings to seat properly. It would be nice to hear from people who have successfully run a particular tire on these wheels to keep a list. In the other thread, I believe someone mentioned that the Cooper STT Pro would not fit. The STT Pro was on my short list of tires I wanted to try, so now I am looking at the Nitto Ridge Grappler. I might look at the KO2 or one of the Toyo or Yokohama products. If anyone comments on this thread, I will try to keep a running list here, for others to find more easily. I plan on running 37" tire and would like to keep the load range as low as possible for ride quality, but please feel free to list any and all sizes and load ranges that are "known" to work with the Mopar beadlock wheel with the TRUE beadlock ring, not the trim ring. I am adding the picture for wheel identification purposes, and yes the one on the left has the factory bolts, the one on the right has the new bolts. The factory bolts were black oxide and rusted. My replacement bolts are zinc coated, they may rust too, but I live in TN and my Jeep is not a daily driver...just a toy. I will start by listing what I am running

Tire: BFG KO2
Size: 35-1250-17
Load: E

Tire: BFG KO2
Size: 315-70-17
Load: C

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Beadlock wheels..what tires fit? 20200926_153444
Sponsored

Last edited:

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Can you measure the gap in the wheel? Between the wheel and beadlock ring.

Then we translate that to the tire bead. Like so.

622059709.jpg

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
@UNC Rubicon just went through this himself.

The space on the MOPAR wheel is right at .500 or so.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
And just like that the stress and anxiety from that two week period comes flooding back. Lol.

We successfully mounted BFG KO2s 315/70/17 Load Range C on my beadlocks.

@Coolbaldguy I would recommend that you check with MC to determine recommended back spacing for their lift and then measure the back spacing of your wheels.

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
And just like that the stress and anxiety from that two week period comes flooding back. Lol.

We successfully mounted BFG KO2s 315/70/17 Load Range C on my beadlocks.

@Coolbaldguy I would recommend that you check with MC to determine recommended back spacing for their lift and then measure the back spacing of your wheels.
According to the Metal Cloak website anything with less than 4.5 back spacing will work. I haven't measured yet, and the information online about the backspacing on these wheels is not entirely clear ( I guess I really need to measure it ). The I fo from various sources are in offset measurements and it's not clear where they are taking the measurements from. The offset figures change depending on whether the reference point is from the beadlocks ring or if it is from the inner lip for use with the trim ring. I will measure the backspacing and post it here. Also thanks for the tire info I will add to the list.

Screenshot_20201014-100232_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Beadlock wheels..what tires fit? Screenshot_20201014-100232_Chrome
Does anyone know the maximum amount of bead "squish" ? Not sure that is a word...but I think everyone will know what I mean :)

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
According to the Metal Cloak website anything with less than 4.5 back spacing will work. I haven't measured yet, and the information online about the backspacing on these wheels is not entirely clear ( I guess I really need to measure it ). The I fo from various sources are in offset measurements and it's not clear where they are taking the measurements from. The offset figures change depending on whether the reference point is from the beadlocks ring or if it is from the inner lip for use with the trim ring. I will measure the backspacing and post it here. Also thanks for the tire info I will add to the list.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Beadlock wheels..what tires fit? Screenshot_20201014-100232_Chrome
I would suggest looking at Northridge’s website. They measured it at 5in. When we measured, we got roughly the same. Unfortunately, that doesn’t coincide with the 4.4 that MOPAR lists. Maybe we missed something, but I’m inclined to believe Northridge and our own measurements. I don’t want to see you go down the road I did - where I ordered a lift thinking we could make it work and then realize other wheels would probably be a better option for me.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Does anyone know the maximum amount of bead "squish" ? Not sure that is a word...but I think everyone will know what I mean :)
I'd shoot for 1/8" to 3/16" max. More than that will deform the bead.

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR

Dooky, Is that a STT pro that you are measuring in the pic?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I was planning on ordering these wheels and getting the GC 2.5 later. You’re correct that Northridge states a 5” backspace. I would be very disappointed if I couldn’t get these wheels.

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I was planning on ordering these wheels and getting the GC 2.5 later. You’re correct that Northridge states a 5” backspace. I would be very disappointed if I couldn’t get these wheels.
I plan on measuring later today. I will post a picture of my results. Also if they are not what I need, I will have a set for sale. I purchased them from fb marketplace used. They came with the 35" KO2's on them. I planned on using the tires for a month or 2 and then make my final decision on which tire I wanted, and also if I will stay in 35's or go to 37's.

OP
OP
Coolbaldguy

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I forgot to update after my measurement...I measured 4.5" of back space.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
@UNC Rubicon just went through this himself.

The space on the MOPAR wheel is right at .500 or so.

will the Mopar true bead-lock ring work with cooper stt pro? when tightened does the ring have to touch the rim?
Sponsored