bm11

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Hello,

I'm considering purchasing a set of Mopar Bead Lock wheels. I like the look of them the best out of everything I've looked at, and factory quality is tough to beat.

So, some questions-

1: Initially what turned me off was the total cost of the wheel plus the ring, but I'm finding now that the cost of the wheel includes the trim ring, and the added cost is only for the true bead lock ring. Based on the fact my wife will be the primary driver and this is 99% of the time going to be driven on the pavement, I don't want to mess with bead lock wheels. These do include the trim ring, correct?

2: Being that my intention is to run these in DOT legal non-bead lock configuration, these are 17x8 wheels. There are a ton of people running these on 12.50 or 315 width tires, but every tire manufacturer I've looked at recommends a minimum wheel width of 8.5 inches for that tire width. Am I crazy for buying a $300 plus apiece wheel not rated for the tire size I plan on running? 37x12.50R17 BTW.

3: How much do these stick out on a JLUR using 12.50 rings.

Any other considerations I should make before pulling the trigger?

-BM
Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Hello,

I'm considering purchasing a set of Mopar Bead Lock wheels. I like the look of them the best out of everything I've looked at, and factory quality is tough to beat.

So, some questions-

1: Initially what turned me off was the total cost of the wheel plus the ring, but I'm finding now that the cost of the wheel includes the trim ring, and the added cost is only for the true bead lock ring. Based on the fact my wife will be the primary driver and this is 99% of the time going to be driven on the pavement, I don't want to mess with bead lock wheels. These do include the trim ring, correct?

2: Being that my intention is to run these in DOT legal non-bead lock configuration, these are 17x8 wheels. There are a ton of people running these on 12.50 or 315 width tires, but every tire manufacturer I've looked at recommends a minimum wheel width of 8.5 inches for that tire width. Am I crazy for buying a $300 plus apiece wheel not rated for the tire size I plan on running? 37x12.50R17 BTW.

3: How much do these stick out on a JLUR using 12.50 rings.

Any other considerations I should make before pulling the trigger?

-BM
I have them on my 2020 2dr jlr dealer purchased and installed. They came with trim ring. Mounted on stock ko2’s from factory. If your getting them for 300 dollars apiece. Jump on it. I am fully satisfied with mine and would purchase them again. Very little stick out.