First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.30MinuteSalesCoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
So I had the Aux Switches added by the dealer thanks to me not realizing they were not standard and part of a package when I ordered.

I haven't purchased any accessories to use them for yet though, but I have a question. I see them in UConnect, but when I press them, nothing lights up on the button. Is this merely because I have nothing connected, or do I need it addressed? I'd hate to find out in 6 months when I go to add lights or something that it wasn't setup properly and have to go back to the dealership to get it redone.
Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I don’t have anything plugged in to mine, but when I press the switches each one will light up. I haven’t messed with anything on the uConnect screen in regards to the switches.

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
You will want to revisit the dealer. They should have tested each line to confirm power. The buttons should light up when pressed with or without anything connected to them.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks guys. I had a feeling. Headed back to the dealer tomorrow to get this handled.
What probably happened is the tech installed the Aux kit but never turned Aux on with their programmer. IF Aux is not turned on with programmer you will not see the lighted 1, 2, 3, 4.
So, dealership service dept needs to use their programmer to turn it on or you can by a Tazer JL programmer and that programmer gives you the ability/option to tune Aux. on.

IF service dept. wants another $120.00+ to turn on Aux., I'd pass and just go buy the Tazer JL and do it myself along with getting the pluses of all the Tazer JL brings to the table.

Sponsored

OP
OP
scishfottman

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
What probably happened is the tech installed the Aux kit but never turned Aux on with their programmer. IF Aux is not turned on with programmer you will not see the lighted 1, 2, 3, 4.
So, dealership service dept needs to use their programmer to turn it on or you can by a Tazer JL programmer and that programmer gives you the ability/option to tune Aux. on.

IF service dept. wants another $120.00+ to turn on Aux., I'd pass and just go buy the Tazer JL and do it myself along with getting the pluses of all the Tazer JL brings to the table.

Thanks. It's visible in settings, but you are probably right that they just didn't turn them on since they don't actually light when pushed. They won't be charging me as they were the ones who did the install.

Now I just need to create a reason to actually use the switches...

zhilbert

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Ended up being a fuse... All good now,
So with the fuse replaced, do the switches illuminate? My switches do no illuminate after I installed and enabled the uConnect settings, but I was told in another post I needed a loads hooked up to the switches for them to light up.

Also, what fuse was it? Was in one of the four that came with the harness or another fuse in the fuse box?

OP
OP
scishfottman

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Lights do illuminate now. In UConnect, you can set them to Momentary or Latching and that dictates whether the light flashes or stays lit.

They did not tell me which fuse it was (sorry about that). Below is my short story long...

I ordered the car w/o tow package then added dealer installed Auxiliary Switches before taking delivery. The switched never lit, and since they appeared in UConnect, I just assumed something had to be connected to them to light.

It is my opinion that they rushed the switch install because I had to go back the very next day for a code on the stop/start which ended up being a loose battery connection. When I mentioned that the tech probably didn't tighten it down, the tech claimed he didn't have to disconnect the battery to install the switch I was dubious )since you'd think working on the electrical system would call for that), but shrugged.

When I took it in today, they fixed it, but the same tech said he remembered doing it (6 weeks ago) and that the lights lit and I must have tried to install something (you'd think if I had, it would have been obvious in some way).

Regardless, they told me this after it was fixed and I was discharged w/ no cost to me. In my feedback to FCA, I will suggest the tech be coached on taking responsibility for his screw up. It is understandable as I was probably the first switch he installed in a JL w/ that part.

Last edited:

klaffey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
4 Wheel and Offroad installed my Aux Switch and hooked up Rigid Lights. They couldn't flash it. Took it to the dealer to flash which they said they did. Nothing works and I have nothing under settings for the Aux Switch? If the flash was done wouldn't I at least be able to see it in UConnect even if the lights didn't get wired correctly? Frustrated!

Sponsored

WKMCD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
So I had the Aux Switches added by the dealer thanks to me not realizing they were not standard and part of a package when I ordered.

I haven't purchased any accessories to use them for yet though, but I have a question. I see them in UConnect, but when I press them, nothing lights up on the button. Is this merely because I have nothing connected, or do I need it addressed? I'd hate to find out in 6 months when I go to add lights or something that it wasn't setup properly and have to go back to the dealership to get it redone.
Scott, what did the dealer charge for the install. I'm in the same boat with my JLUR.

klaffey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheel and Offroad installed my Aux Switch and hooked up Rigid Lights. They couldn't flash it. Took it to the dealer to flash which they said they did. Nothing works and I have nothing under settings for the Aux Switch? If the flash was done wouldn't I at least be able to see it in UConnect even if the lights didn't get wired correctly? Frustrated!

klaffey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer flash worked and 4 Wheel and Off Road worked to get all lights functioning. Works great now!

OP
OP
scishfottman

scishfottman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Scott, what did the dealer charge for the install. I'm in the same boat with my JLUR.
They covered the install for me. Since they gave me the runaround the whole time about not knowing if it was added or not.

Last edited:

WKMCD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
They covered the install for me. Since they gave me the runaround the whole time about not knowing if it was added or not.
The dealer quoted me around $800 parts and labor. It's not really worth it for me to simply power a light bar. I'll find somewhere to put a small switch.
Thanks.
Sponsored