Sponsored

Mopar AUX Switch Install Help needed (Bought a Non Rubicon model 82215190AB by mistake)

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
Hey everyone, I have searched the internet and this forum and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I bought a Aux Switch to install in my Rubicon from a Forum member and did not even realize that there was a Rubicon model and a Non Rubicon model. From what I can see on the two listings, and the install video's I have found, I believe they are the same switch and wiring but one is black (non rubicon, model 82215190AB has since been replaced with model 82215190ae) and the other has a silver accent trim piece (rubicon). I need to know if anyone has the install instructions pdf for the rubicon and non rubicon models so I can see if I am able to install it in my Rubicon without issue or if I need to list the Aux Switch on the member forum for someone else to use it. Not sure wiring wise what would be different from a Rubicon model and Non Rubicon model where the wires need to be spliced. Thanks In Advance
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey everyone, I have searched the internet and this forum and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I bought a Aux Switch to install in my Rubicon from a Forum member and did not even realize that there was a Rubicon model and a Non Rubicon model. From what I can see on the two listings, and the install video's I have found, I believe they are the same switch and wiring but one is black (non rubicon, model 82215190AB has since been replaced with model 82215190ae) and the other has a silver accent trim piece (rubicon). I need to know if anyone has the install instructions pdf for the rubicon and non rubicon models so I can see if I am able to install it in my Rubicon without issue or if I need to list the Aux Switch on the member forum for someone else to use it. Not sure wiring wise what would be different from a Rubicon model and Non Rubicon model where the wires need to be spliced. Thanks In Advance
You can find installation instruction on:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/auxiliary-switch-bank-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Thanks, My main concern now will be why they replaced the model I have with the current model. I will give Mopar a call and see. The video on this link seems to make it sound like the only difference is the cubby piece and black trim on the non rubicon version vs the no cubby and silver trim on the rubicon version.
My instinct will say the only difference would be cosmetic.
Mopar often update parts with higher part numbers from time to time with no perceivable difference.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I believe the difference is cosmetic. As long as it comes with the little cubby on the left hand side, it should be just chrome vs. black. With that said, if it bothers you, you can always check with where you purchased it to see if you can exchange it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the difference is cosmetic. As long as it comes with the little cubby on the left hand side, it should be just chrome vs. black. With that said, if it bothers you, you can always check with where you purchased it to see if you can exchange it.
I bought it from a forum member. I am pretty sure it will work just fine. I will just have a black Aux button instead of a silver one which should not be bad at all.

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I know this is an old thread, but it's the only one I could find that has newer JLs that possibly already have the console harness. I've spent days trying to get my Mopar AUX kit switches working, dealer VIN, checking all the wiring etc. The only way the switches light up (and work with the uconnect) is if I plug switch into the existing plug that was located above the cubby. The one from the kit harness does nothing. Anyone else have this factory plug, but without the AUX switch option from the factory? If so, were you able to get the Mopar AUX switch kit working?

2023-05-03_19-41-11.png

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I know this is an old thread, but it's the only one I could find that has newer JLs that possibly already have the console harness. I've spent days trying to get my Mopar AUX kit switches working, dealer VIN, checking all the wiring etc. The only way the switches light up (and work with the uconnect) is if I plug switch into the existing plug that was located above the cubby. The one from the kit harness does nothing. Anyone else have this factory plug, but without the AUX switch option from the factory? If so, were you able to get the Mopar AUX switch kit working?
I can't tell what your asking from that picture. Can you go in more detail?

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I can't tell what your asking from that picture. Can you go in more detail?
I have a 2021 Jeep JL Rubicon that did not come with the AUX switches from the factory. I purchased the Mopar 82215798AD kit from Amazon and watched all the install videos a few times. At the last part of the install pinning the 7 pin connector that plugs into the switch I noticed my Jeep already had an identical connector plug (shown in photo). So basically, I have two 7pin connectors by following the instructions. The one built from the kit doesn't work at all (after dealer flash), but the one already in the Jeep from the factory lights up the switch and is able to be controlled by uConnect. I was wondering if anyone else that has this factory plug for the AUX switches but didn't have the factory AUX switch option on their Jeep was able to make use of it. Or is there another kit specifically for newer Jeeps that include this partial AUX harness (just the plug from what I can tell). I don't have the AUX relays in the fuse box. TIA
Sponsored