Mopar Aux Switch bank for newer JL's

Kcp100365

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Yes, I have that connector disconnected, the red pin cover removed. I’m afraid if I pull too hard on the orange wire - it’s going to pull out from the connector itself - which I’m tryin to avoid doing. I’ve seen one vid on YouTube that shows they used a pic to push the connector while using a small pliers to pull the wire out. This doesn’t work for me either. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yes, I have that connector disconnected, the red pin cover removed. I’m afraid if I pull too hard on the orange wire - it’s going to pull out from the connector itself - which I’m tryin to avoid doing. I’ve seen one vid on YouTube that shows they used a pic to push the connector while using a small pliers to pull the wire out. This doesn’t work for me either. Thoughts?
I would think more pick less pliers. Like I said it’s been a couple years, but now that you mention it, I vaguely remember it being a pain in the butt. I think I even remember my pick kinda rounded the pin getting it out.

Kcp100365

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the more i mess with it, the rounder it gets. Is there a special tool the dealerships use for this? This can’t be so complicated. Is there a work-around if the orange wire separates from the connector? For a $350 kit, it seems to me there should have been a better solution.

OP
OP
jonyothan

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 2dr 2.0T, '10 BMW 335i
Occupation
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the more i mess with it, the rounder it gets. Is there a special tool the dealerships use for this? This can’t be so complicated. Is there a work-around if the orange wire separates from the connector? For a $350 kit, it seems to me there should have been a better solution.
yeah, look for a connector terminal de-pin tool on amazon, theres a few different kinds of them. I havent done the install yet personally but I have used the tools in the past on other vehicles

Kcp100365

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:
I have JScan - after programming with the settings described, it appears that my buttons aren't working - or powered. As with others, I just spliced the orange together b/c of the pin debacle. Does the programming work after just 1 attempt or is two needed? I think I read somewhere that some people have had to try it twice. I have also reset the ECU's after the programming I followed on another thread. I have a voltmeter i can check power at the orange wire - should it be 12v there?

I have tried pushing all 4 buttons with no lights - just in the event a missed or screwed up seating a pin in the connector at the dash.

Since these should be controlled by the radio as well - I never saw an option listed there either. I assume it should be listed under 'Options'?

any help is appreciated.

Sponsored

Nootz

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just completed this yesterday. I had the same issue with no illuminated buttons. I also had the auto start stop button come up on the instrument panel. I did the same as you and uncoupled the orange wires from the plug that came with the kit and soldered them together. Ran the Tazer, set the AUX option to yes and let it reboot twice. Walked away and came back to the AUX options appearing on the screen And buttons illuminating. Going to install the compressor this week.

RHD_godzilla

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler Sahara 4xe; '89 Nissan Skyline GTR
kit compatible with the 22 4xe? some sites say yes and some no. Also @AllMoparParts.com do you have these instock? Thanks

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Using Mopar's VIN filtering system it shows its not applicable to a 4XE, I would need to contact mopar to get the final word. We show both the black and silver trim versions in stock.

- Benny

RHD_godzilla

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler Sahara 4xe; '89 Nissan Skyline GTR
Using Mopar's VIN filtering system it shows its not applicable to a 4XE, I would need to contact mopar to get the final word. We show both the black and silver trim versions in stock.

- Benny
Thanks. Ill have to find out for sure before ordering the kit. kind of odd that you can order them from the factory with the switches but there's no kit for the 4xe available.

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Mopar has confirmed the Aux kits will work on 4XE's up to 2022.
2023's have not been confirmed just yet.

Thanks,
- Benny

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Anyone else that installed this kit on a 2021+ JL notice they already have an AUX plug clipped to that back of the cubby in the console? Long story short I installed the kit and had the dealer flash but the AUX switch buttons do not work or light up. Out of curiosity I tried plugging in the existing plug to the switch and it worked, lights, uConnect settings and everything. However it's not part of the kits wire harness so there is no power. Does anyone have updated instructions for using the existing 7 pin plug? I'm going to assume I can just de-pin the 4 relay wires and install the wires from the harness, but where do the existing relay pins/wire go? I don't have the relays in my fuse box, but there is what looks like sockets for them, hard to tell.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Aux Switch bank for newer JL's 2023-05-03_19-41-11
Sponsored