Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 2dr 2.0T, '10 BMW 335i
Occupation
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I apologize if this is the incorrect section for this post however seemed like the best place to ask. So, my question is, I have a '22 JL 2 door rubicon with the 2.0T... not that it matters, but I am trying to add the mopar auxiliary switch bank to my vehicle. After further investigation, myself and visiting the dealership in person, there is no part # for the kit that applies to 2022 model year. The dealer doesn't want to sell me a $500 kit before I confirm that it will work with my vehicle. The parts that show up in the chrysler parts catalogue for my VIN is just the aux buttons without the whole kit, and when he adds the entire kit (82215798AE) it says that it's only for 2018-2020 JT's and he said it may not work with my U-connect and the connectors may be slightly different.

Has anyone installed this kit with a 2022 or 2023? Did it work without any issues? I need the one with the silver trim around the buttons if it matters.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jonyothan

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jon,

We do not see any limitations to 22's or 23's and have had no reported issues. Here's a snippet from our mopar dealership parts data showing 18-23 fitment

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

-Benny
Awesome thanks Benny!

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Hey guys, I apologize if this is the incorrect section for this post however seemed like the best place to ask. So, my question is, I have a '22 JL 2 door rubicon with the 2.0T... not that it matters, but I am trying to add the mopar auxiliary switch bank to my vehicle. After further investigation, myself and visiting the dealership in person, there is no part # for the kit that applies to 2022 model year. The dealer doesn't want to sell me a $500 kit before I confirm that it will work with my vehicle. The parts that show up in the chrysler parts catalogue for my VIN is just the aux buttons without the whole kit, and when he adds the entire kit (82215798AE) it says that it's only for 2018-2020 JT's and he said it may not work with my U-connect and the connectors may be slightly different.

Has anyone installed this kit with a 2022 or 2023? Did it work without any issues? I need the one with the silver trim around the buttons if it matters.
I’d skip purchasing from the dealer and I’d just order/purchase from Allmoparparts.com

Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Will you be installing this yourself? If you want an alternative, @Lasfit sells a AUX switch panel that is almost identical in appearance and function but, in my opinion, is an easier install.
https://www.lasfit.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-2021-auxiliary-switch-kit
There are different kits for different needs. I went with Kit B since I didn't have lockers and wanted the matching cubby. You would do fine with Kit A. Plus, it's much less expensive and the install is easier!

Last edited:

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Will you be installing this yourself? If you want an alternative, @Lasfit sells a AUX switch panel that is almost identical in appearance and function but, in my opinion, is an easier install.
There are different kits for different needs. I went with Kit A since I didn't have lockers and wanted the matching cubby. You would do fine with Kit A. Plus, it's much less expensive and the install is easier!
Yes, but, the Mopar kit is the only option that lets you configure it from the touchscreen, and to change any of the buttons from constant to ignition at will. For me, that was more than any aftermarket option.

@jonyothan I installed this kit in my Gladiator in my garage. It's no small feat, but I'm happy to offer up some pointers if you decide to tackle it yourself. PM me anytime!

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Yes, but, the Mopar kit is the only option that lets you configure it from the touchscreen, and to change any of the buttons from constant to ignition at will. For me, that was more than any aftermarket option.

@jonyothan I installed this kit in my Gladiator in my garage. It's no small feat, but I'm happy to offer up some pointers if you decide to tackle it yourself. PM me anytime!
Yes, that's true. It wasn't a requirement for my use so the Lasfit "fit" the bill. 👍🏻

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
That is a really nice feature of the stock switches.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Give yourself plenty of time for the install, and you’ll need a Tazer to activate the switches in uConnect, but it’s super clean when you’re done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jonyothan

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’d skip purchasing from the dealer and I’d just order/purchase from Allmoparparts.com
I would but im in canada, the shipping and conversion ends up to being a lot more than buying local. My local dealership parts guy will match whatever cheapest price i find on official mopar online websites. They will give me the kit for 421$ CAD plus tax which seems pretty reasonable.

OP
OP
jonyothan

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There are different kits for different needs. I went with Kit B since I didn't have lockers and wanted the matching cubby. You would do fine with Kit A. Plus, it's much less expensive and the install is easier!
I will be installing myself yes, but as cafecito820 said, i want to maintain functionality with the Uconnect system. Also just the fact that im in canada i think the lasifit ends up being around the same price as OEM with shipping and conversion anyway

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

I will be installing myself yes, but as cafecito820 said, i want to maintain functionality with the Uconnect system. Also just the fact that im in canada i think the lasifit ends up being around the same price as OEM with shipping and conversion anyway
Ouch for Canadian shipping and conversion! Whichever method you choose, enjoy the new world of AUX accessories!!

Kcp100365

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Can I ask anyone what the secret is to getting the pin out of the socket? I have tried the pic method I’ve seen in videos, but that doesn’t appear to bear working for me. Suggestions by anyone? Link to another solution?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Can I ask anyone what the secret is to getting the pin out of the socket? I have tried the pic method I’ve seen in videos, but that doesn’t appear to bear working for me. Suggestions by anyone? Link to another solution?
Can you post a pic of the connector in question?

Edit:

Is this the one? Did you remove the cover from the previous step? It has been a couple years since I did mine but I’m sure I would have just popped a straight pick into the pin and pushed until it popped out. Manhandle it if you have to.

58B6CF06-45AC-4CEC-BA68-5E80D6187EFF.jpeg

FE0405FF-7126-4253-B102-5D20A5ED54CB.jpeg
Sponsored