Sponsored

Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again)

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I had Weathertech “Multiple times”. They like to lose their shape and look worse than a more rubbery (like the factory) mat. They were good but not great. I haven’t come across any mat that I could give 5 stars to.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So I wonder how much of that butyl is smashed/stuck in his carpet? LoL he isn't getting that out soon enough..... so any dirt and debris that get behind and under his matt? he is going to have a mess...... LOL yea I wouldn't do that..... but I have the black letter matts and would rather have the red.....
I'm curious what happens when you need to take the mat out to vacuum underneath. Do you need to apply more tap again?

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
The weathertechs have a drain plug?
I don't know; the drainplug isn't a feature I personally use. I am more concerned with whether the mats hold their contents, and the WTs have higher sides/edges.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Nope u pull the plug and look through and see the ground below. Hole goes right through the Jeep to drain.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from this shot wouldn't the water run right out onto the carpet? Granted I don't own a set yet so I wouldn't know.

Screenshot_20201112-115947.jpg

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went back and forth on this as well...

Liked Mopar price, but ended up getting WeatherTech due to the sides seemed to be a little higher (ie near accelerator and rear mats around center console) and I liked the pattern better. Just installed then last night. Fit seems really good. Happy with them so far.

I watched a couple comparison videos on YouTube to help decide.
I was wondering about the sides also. Can u post some pics by gas pedal and sides where u get in and out?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look good but no drain plug.

Here is the scenario: your in a snow storm, your getting in and out of you jeep lest say (Christmas shopping). Your floor mats start to fill up with water from melted snow. Your windows start to fog up because your heater is vaporizing the water. You want to empty the water but you cant because doing so will dump all the water your trying to remove right onto the carpet your trying to protect.

So I guess Mopar is the only company (on Earth) that includes a functioning drain plug.
Yup. I just looked they don’t make ones for wranglers anyway.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They look great, but no drain plug access.....

GonnaGetLost

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC 1500, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Auto Mfg Equipment Engineer
They look great, but no drain plug access.....
Yeah, that wasn’t a criteria factor for me. I would rather have water (the possible small amount) from rain/snow sit on top of mat vs. possibly leak onto carpet from unseated plug. And I’m ok with removing them from Jeep to clean.

Floor mat and carpet will more than likely be removed if I’m planning water obstacle where water may forge into cabin.

Sponsored

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Question about the all weather slush mats: I just installed mine today on my 21. I love em' think they're a great alternative to carpet and are nice looking, especially with the red letters against the all black interior. The question is: how well do those front mats seal with the holes in the floor boards if you install them as instructed? I pulled the plug beneath the carpet, removed the small piece of pre-cut carpet, then seated the mats firmly in position, snapping everything in nice n' tight, then put the plug in the mat hole. However... I'm thinking when driving through wet weather, it's likely moisture will make its way into that hole between carpet and metal and will be something I need to keep an eye on. Seems there's just no way the 'nub' from the matts can seal as tightly as the original plugs. Anyone have any real-world wet weather experience with these installed 'properly?'

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Question about the all weather slush mats: I just installed mine today on my 21. I love em' think they're a great alternative to carpet and are nice looking, especially with the red letters against the all black interior. The question is: how well do those front mats seal with the holes in the floor boards if you install them as instructed? I pulled the plug beneath the carpet, removed the small piece of pre-cut carpet, then seated the mats firmly in position, snapping everything in nice n' tight, then put the plug in the mat hole. However... I'm thinking when driving through wet weather, it's likely moisture will make its way into that hole between carpet and metal and will be something I need to keep an eye on. Seems there's just no way the 'nub' from the matts can seal as tightly as the original plugs. Anyone have any real-world wet weather experience with these installed 'properly?'
Go to Quadratec or Northridge and order a second set of floor plugs to install in the bottom. Fits and should work if the factory plugs will actually keep water out.

As a previously religious Weathertech customer, I’m even more pleased with the fit, look, material, and function of the these optional Mopar floor coverings. The only issue I’ve had with one of my sets is the snap for the two piece set for the rear doesn’t stay put. I suspect imperfect molding.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Today I'm taking mine out and switching to something else. I don't like the way they scuff up and show dirt. Also, on other ones the side ridges come up considerably higher.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I would get them again, until I can pull the trigger on the armorlite kit. That's the ultimate treat. https://goarmorlite.com/
So it’s like my old ‘73 Chevy work truck rubber floor. That would be awesome. The only issue would be if you kept it long enough to wear through it. Removal and reinstall would be more work. I wonder about sound dampening too with that.
Sponsored

Last edited: