Sponsored

Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again)

aujeepgirl

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My new Mopar Mats arrived 2 days ago. I think I chose them because of the drain plug. Otherwise I like the Quadratech ones that I have on my punkn. Mopar has some room to improve on these especially the flat surface. I mean why couldn't they take a hint from nearly all other rugged floor mats and make some groves on them. Or better yet, how abut the other manufactures adding the cutout for the drain plug and making the Mopar mats obsolete.
Is the Jeep lettering in red on your mats? I would prefer black but mopar and other sites only showing with red lettering.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Having been a long time Weathertech user over many vehicles, I think the mats you speak of are great minus the mat not securely fitting into the floor pan. To keep water fording from causing water entry there, you’d need the mat sealed to the floor pan and then the plug sealed to the mat securely.

As mine sit now, they don’t stay in place in the floor pan securely (if at all) enough to keep water out. I’m going to order a second pair of plugs to grind the central ridge out and put those UNDER the existing plugs. They’ll be stacked. Try anyway.

Last edited:

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is the Jeep lettering in red on your mats? I would prefer black but mopar and other sites only showing with red lettering.
It’s a weird thing; if you ordered the MOPAR All Weather Mats w/your Jeep from the factory...the lettering is black.

Buy the same MOPAR mats from the dealership after-the-fact and they’ll have red lettering.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Haven't taken them out of the box yet.. waiting on my new Jeep to arrive.

aujeepgirl

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a weird thing; if you ordered the MOPAR All Weather Mats w/your Jeep from the factory...the lettering is black.

Buy the same MOPAR mats from the dealership after-the-fact and they’ll have red lettering.

Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)

aujeepgirl

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i like the idea of black lettering, but why are they so much more than the red lettering. About $25.
I’m not sure? Black lettering are the ones that come when you order the Jeep if you choose the all weather mats. The red lettered ones are the ones that show up if you order from mopar or online. I messaged mopar and they sent the link for the black lettered ones. Not sure why you can’t choose what color you want and the price increase.

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I like my mopar mats. I ordered from mopar and they have the red lettering. The original plugs fit mine and go down far enough to plug the original floor board holes. Overall, I'm very happy with them. I would also consider lasfit floor mats, if anyone wants a more economical solution. They look very nice for the price.

itsooh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW335i, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I just bought one from amazon with red lettering.
I did not aware of going into water until I saw one of youtube video.

I will check mine and if need, will do the same fix.

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought one from amazon with red lettering.
I did not aware of going into water until I saw one of youtube video.

I will check mine and if need, will do the same fix.
So I wonder how much of that butyl is smashed/stuck in his carpet? LoL he isn't getting that out soon enough..... so any dirt and debris that get behind and under his matt? he is going to have a mess...... LOL yea I wouldn't do that..... but I have the black letter matts and would rather have the red.....

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
So I'm shopping for a set of mats for my new Nacho JLU (before it gets her). Just wondering if you would buy them again if you had the opportunity.
I have the Mopar mats and they do the job which, in my view, is protecting the carpet. They get dirty. I wash them off. I don’t need them to look new or pretty because, well, they’re floor mats.

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I just picked up my Mopar floor mats. Red letters. Which is OK because I have a Recon with red belts and stitching.
But I am disappointed with them. They feel like a thin hard slippery plastic and they do not seem to have very high edges or ridges. By comparison, my friend has a 2020 Grand Cherokee and her mats are a thick rubber mat with high edges and grooves to catch debris and dirt. The cargo mat in the Grand Cherokee almost works too good. Anything you put back there stays put. This is more of what I expected.
Disappointed for sure. I may return them and look at other options.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yeah..... Only reason I went with them is because of the drain plug innovation. As soon as somebody comes out with the built in drain plug I'm ditching these. I seriously don't understand why no one else has done this yet.

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
WeatherTech
Sponsored