Sponsored

Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again)

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

The mats came with my 2021. I have had CJ/TJ's for over 40 years and only hosed them out after I had painted inside the tube with a liner of some sort. I can't see dragging a hose into a vehicle with carpet just to spray out the mats. I always take the mat out of my vehicles and then spray them off. I happen to run a Car Wash company so I have the luxury of unlimited free washes. We have automatic mat washers. I ran the OEM mat through (even with the plug sticking out) and it was more flexible and fit through the machine. The weathertec mats in my wife's grand cherokee will not fit through the machine. Yesterday I cut out the plug portion that sticks out below the mat and did the two plug fix described on another thread. Works great and should fly right through an automatic mat washer.
Sponsored

huberro2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I like em. Fits like a glove. Might even buy a second set before they go out of production, like the one fella suggested. Been there, done that, can't get em anymore, dang it. What plug? I did not get no stinking plug. Installed by the dealership when purchased. Rubicon 2019. I just scissors cut some black 1/16 inch scrap black plastic and pressed it in there for a tight seal. Like Tupperware. Worked like a charm. Cost me zero. Anyway, cleaning? A vac and wet rag, now and then. It is a Jeep , right? Geez, go get a little mud on the tires and your boots. Call it, honor dirt and have fun.

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
It all depends on how dirty you plan on getting them. If you are going to use the drain plug I would definitely get them they fit great and I love mine but if that’s not really going to be something you feel you need the weather tech mats do a better job of covering up near the pedals and not allowing the carpet to get dirty up there.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yeah, I like em. Fits like a glove. Might even buy a second set before they go out of production, like the one fella suggested. Been there, done that, can't get em anymore, dang it. What plug? I did not get no stinking plug. Installed by the dealership when purchased. Rubicon 2019. I just scissors cut some black 1/16 inch scrap black plastic and pressed it in there for a tight seal. Like Tupperware. Worked like a charm. Cost me zero. Anyway, cleaning? A vac and wet rag, now and then. It is a Jeep , right? Geez, go get a little mud on the tires and your boots. Call it, honor dirt and have fun.
Illigal here..

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Is there a fitted rubber mat set? I have Weathertech and they lose their shape after about a year. Had a set of fitted rubber mats in a BMW that stayed perfect for five years.
that’s strange. I’ve had WeatherTech floor liners for years without any problems.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My new Mopar Mats arrived 2 days ago. I think I chose them because of the drain plug. Otherwise I like the Quadratech ones that I have on my punkn. Mopar has some room to improve on these especially the flat surface. I mean why couldn't they take a hint from nearly all other rugged floor mats and make some groves on them. Or better yet, how abut the other manufactures adding the cutout for the drain plug and making the Mopar mats obsolete.

Last edited:

Jpete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR;
ALSO, ALSO, ALSO.....V E R Y I M P O R T A N T ! !

Under NO circumstance ever buy the stupid cover for the back seat when you put it down. Not only is an incredible pain in the butt to install, but also, being of molded rubber, it doesn't really work well and keeps unbuttoning from the back of the seat....
You’re right about that! I retained the one I had in a previous Jeep and I’m going to cut the flaps off and just use them that way. Should have just let it go.

IRide66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide 2019 Moab
After much internet shopping/research I decided on the WeatherTechs. I have them in a couple other vehicles and love them. Then found out the Mopar mats came standard in my 19' so didn't order them.

The front and rear seat Mopar mats are adequate. I like that the WeatherTechs come up higher, but didn't think the difference was worth the expense of buying another set. Left with none, I'd definitely go with Weather Tech.

Like others have said, the Mopar set gets faded/scratched really quick. Would like to find a way to keep it looking newish without getting slippery.

Last...the Mopar cargo section is pointless and doesn't accomplish anything. I went with the WeatherTech there and like it alot.

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I bought a set of the Mopar mats (with red lettering) and sold them after a week.
1. The mat is cut out under the gas pedal, so any slush/salt drips right into the carpet.
2. The drain didn't seal as the carpet pushed it back out (as stated earlier you can just cut them off).
3. The rear seat uses a 2 piece which would not latch together (seems like they are designed to be used without carpet installed)
4. The cargo mat looked like a cluster and I didn't even bother to install them.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I like the "Jeep" lettering. I did cut the "funnel" off and bought a couple of plugs to close off the holes. The drains are too gimmicky for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) 1123181524

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
that’s strange. I’ve had WeatherTech floor liners for years without any problems.
The corners always curl in on mine. It’s happened on every set I’ve had from WT. Just bought a Highlander that came with thick rubber mats (not the WeatherTech thin hard plastic) that are awesome. It’s actually the only thing on the car I do like.

1F27DA7D-F8C8-4BCD-B327-3459C604817D.jpeg

FF54DFAA-5545-4804-8FC7-D2D3558392FF.jpeg

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
The corners always curl in on mine. It’s happened on every set I’ve had from WT. Just bought a Highlander that came with thick rubber mats (not the WeatherTech thin hard plastic) that are awesome. It’s actually the only thing on the car I do like.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) FF54DFAA-5545-4804-8FC7-D2D3558392FF

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) FF54DFAA-5545-4804-8FC7-D2D3558392FF
Interesting that we have the opposite of experiences. I too have Highlander and swapped out the Toyota thick rubber mats for WeatherTech and have been very pleased with the switch. The Toyota mats are very high quality but do not contain the dirt and sand as readily as the WeatherTech mats. I found myself repeatedly vacuuming the car and also cleaning the mats with the Toyota factory mats as opposed to the WeatherTech where I can just remove the liners knowing that the dirt will not be spilled onto the carpet. I have been disappointed with WeatherTech customer support however. I bought their full Jeep window sun shield reflector set and their reflectors for the JL hardtop windows do not fit. There is a flaw in their design but WeatherTech won’t admit it. I had to glue neoprene tabs (visible in the photo as a small black circular pad) at the boundaries of the hardtop windows to keep the reflectors in place.

5F853FD2-9EE2-470A-9AF1-E17D5CFC6A2D.jpeg

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Interesting that we have the opposite of experiences. I too have Highlander and swapped out the Toyota thick rubber mats for WeatherTech and have been very pleased with the switch. The Toyota mats are very high quality but do not contain the dirt and sand as readily as the WeatherTech mats. I found myself repeatedly vacuuming the car and also cleaning the mats with the Toyota factory mats as opposed to the WeatherTech where I can just remove the liners knowing that the dirt will not be spilled onto the carpet. I have been disappointed with WeatherTech customer support however. I bought their full Jeep window sun shield reflector set and their reflectors for the JL hardtop windows do not fit. There is a flaw in their design but WeatherTech won’t admit it. I had to glue neoprene tabs (visible in the photo as a small black circular pad) at the boundaries of the hardtop windows to keep the reflectors in place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) 5F853FD2-9EE2-470A-9AF1-E17D5CFC6A2D
That's frustrating. And yeah, the WeatherTech customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

RRH7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude Eco Diesel
If anyone is looking for some quality floor mats, I am selling Mopar Slush Mats for JKU Front and Rear set. Message me. Central Ohio area.

IMG_0641.jpeg
Sponsored