Sponsored

Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again)

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
So it’s like my old ‘73 Chevy work truck rubber floor. That would be awesome. The only issue would be if you kept out long enough to wear through it. Removal and reinstall would be more work. I wonder about sound dampening too with that.
It's got a built in sound dampener underneath.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
[H]ow well do those front mats seal with the holes in the floor...if you install them as instructed? I pulled the plug beneath the carpet, removed the small piece of pre-cut carpet, then seated the mats firmly in position, snapping everything in nice n' tight, then put the plug in the mat hole.

Anyone have any real-world wet weather experience with these installed 'properly?'
Yes. My Wrangler is driven almost daily, meaning it's been well-exposed to rain, snow and slush. With the integrity of the plugs in mind, I do recurringly check for a proper seal and dry carpets. To date, they've earned a Pass every time. The owner does of course need to properly seat the plugs every time the mats are reinstalled.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) Snow Feb 2021

I’m even more pleased with the fit, look, material, and function of the these optional Mopar floor coverings. The only issue I’ve had with one of my sets is the snap for the two piece set for the rear doesn’t stay put.
Ditto. It's only a matter of time before my OCD insists on a drop of Krazy Glue on the offending snap in order to hold it in place.

Today I'm taking mine out and switching to something else. I don't like the way they scuff up and show dirt.
Ditto, again. The Mopar all-weather mats fit reasonably well, look correct and seem robust. That said, they began to look used after the first day of use. Recurrent cleaning doesn't help; it's just the nature of the plastic used, it seems.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Go to Quadratec or Northridge and order a second set of floor plugs to install in the bottom. Fits and should work if the factory plugs will actually keep water out.

As a previously religious Weathertech customer, I’m even more pleased with the fit, look, material, and function of the these optional Mopar floor coverings. The only issue I’ve had with one of my sets is the snap for the two piece set for the rear doesn’t stay put. I suspect imperfect molding.
I had the same problem initially. Along the hump/seam Two of the three buttons snapped into place easily, the one closest to front rode up a bit. I undid everything and slid the mats around slightly hoping it was perhaps an odd angle creating stress on that one closure. It worked. They all snap down firmly now and provide great confidence. Very happy with these mats.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yes. My Wrangler is driven almost daily, meaning it's been well-exposed to rain, snow and slush. With the integrity of the plugs in mind, I do recurringly check for a proper seal and dry carpets. To date, they've earned a Pass every time. The owner does of course need to properly seat the plugs every time the mats are reinstalled.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again) Snow Feb 2021

Ditto. It's only a matter of time before my OCD insists on a drop of Krazy Glue on the offending snap in order to hold it in place.

Ditto, again. The Mopar all-weather mats fit reasonably well, look correct and seem robust. That said, they began to look used after the first day of use. Recurrent cleaning doesn't help; it's just the nature of the plastic used, it seems.
I tried Shoe Goo to no avail…being rubber and all. Shrug

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Would it work if you cut the center out of the factory floor plug to us it as a gasket for a better seal and paint protection and used a 2nd one on the mat itself? I haven’t seen them in person so I don’t know how much space is between the funnel and the edge of the hole in the floor.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Would it work if you cut the center out of the factory floor plug to us it as a gasket for a better seal and paint protection and used a 2nd one on the mat itself? I haven’t seen them in person so I don’t know how much space is between the funnel and the edge of the hole in the floor.
If you have to do all that to make something work the way its supposed to work, it's not worth having in the first place.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
If you have to do all that to make something work the way its supposed to work, it's not worth having in the first place.
They are coming with the vehicle so just exploring the options. It really wouldn’t be more work than cutting them off flush.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They are coming with the vehicle so just exploring the options. It really wouldn’t be more work than cutting them off flush.
I had them and took them out. Just didn't like them.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I wouldn’t coverage is poor and I rather have vinyl floors or something like @Armorlite Kail products… As soon a full set for the 2 door is released, I’m ordering.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Check ebay got mine for 50% due to scuffs. I mean they are floor mats so who cares. 100% would buy again

Sponsored

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
I wouldn’t coverage is poor and I rather have vinyl floors or something like @Armorlite Kail products… As soon a full set for the 2 door is released, I’m ordering.
^^ This. The Mopar ones sucked and didn't provide decent coverage. Rain rails in the roof leaked inside in the perfect spot where the Mopar ones didn't cover and consistently get in the carpet under the mats. Installed Armorlite the other weekend and it's perfect.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
^^ This. The Mopar ones sucked and didn't provide decent coverage. Rain rails in the roof leaked inside in the perfect spot where the Mopar ones didn't cover and consistently get in the carpet under the mats. Installed Armorlite the other weekend and it's perfect.
Armorlite.... aren't those the ones that require you to take out your existing carpet?

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
Armorlite.... aren't those the ones that require you to take out your existing carpet?
Yep. I was amazed how much crap made it under the carpets that I cleaned out before putting them in.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
my factory mopar all weather mats dont seem to snap into the drain holes at all , I was surprised there wasnt some sort of retaining feature on them, it just seems to push into the hole with no retention
Sponsored