Sponsored

Mopar all weather floor mats (would you buy again)

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Let me be honest...I have owned 3 dozen cars and always used Weathertech...I bought my Wrangler and the dealer gave me the Mopar for free....I definately like the look better than the Weathertech, Mopar has that cutout (I do not use it) for those who need it, and the texture seems to fit the bill...I think its a good buy
Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I may try to make the drain port “fit” the drain hole again, but my first attempt was unsatisfactory. There was a muffled pop as if the mat was seating in the hole, but the slightest nudge would break the seal.

so many things on the Jeep are well thought out and engineered, the slush mats unfortunately are not one of them…

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hopefully they are redesigning them, because honestly they suck. In reality they are probably just having supply issues.
Those mats sucked way before Covid. Its surprising that no one has come up with a better set that takes advantage of the drain hole.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
This was exactly my dilemma the Mopar mats don’t fit snugly into the drain hole. I ended up putting plugs in the mat as well as the drain hole as I didn’t want water coming in from underneath and didn’t want moisture from my mats draining on the carpet

we had quite a bit of snow a few weeks back, which meant a lot of snow into the slush mats…some how even with the plugs in place the carpets got wet under the mats…

so….do I pull both sets of plugs, align the mat as good as possible and hope water doesn’t come in from below? Or jus 86 the Mopar mats and go after market?
86. That's what I did.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I did see that, and if I decide I want the drain functionality it is an option. Again, just a bit disappointed that this kind of hack is needed
...said no jeep guy ever! Lol ;)

I hear ya. It took me about 5 min to do and made me enjoy the mats again along with gluing them in the back.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

...said no jeep guy ever! Lol ;)

I hear ya. It took me about 5 min to do and made me enjoy the mats again along with gluing them in the back.
I know, I know... but come on Jeep - you would think that if they make the vehicle and know the exact specifications of the floor pan and they make (or source ) the floor mats they could at least get the ability to get a snug connection correct. Look how well 3rd parties manufacture cases for iPhones. They always fit like a glove

I mean I have changed the hard top to the soft top and back, and found several examples of clever well thought out steps.

Either way - I am leaning towards keeping the front slush mats and snapping the drain in as best as I can

:)