First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler jl rubicon
Occupation
Business owner
Simple question. Ordered mopar 82215385 led light, wondering if its just plug and play? Anyone out there who install have pictures for reference/guide on how to. Do have auxilary switch inside cabin.

Thanks
Sponsored

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
Simple question. Ordered mopar 82215385 led light, wondering if its just plug and play? Anyone out there who install have pictures for reference/guide on how to. Do have auxilary switch inside cabin.

Thanks
I have the bigger lights. It took me less than an hour to install them and I'm mechanically uninclined. Ha. I ran the wires to the aux cables near the battery. The instructions are pretty good and you might need to just look up the different aux cable colors for reference.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I have the bigger lights. It took me less than an hour to install them and I'm mechanically uninclined. Ha. I ran the wires to the aux cables near the battery. The instructions are pretty good and you might need to just look up the different aux cable colors for reference.
Can you connect the 2 lights to 1 cable, or will 2 lights take up 2 aux switches?

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Can you connect the 2 lights to 1 cable, or will 2 lights take up 2 aux switches?
You can connect as many lights as you want to an aux switch but don’t exceed the rated amperage for the switch. Some of them are high current and some of them are low.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
You can connect as many lights as you want to an aux switch but don’t exceed the rated amperage for the switch. Some of them are high current and some of them are low.
How does the wiring work for that? I've seen an install video for the aux switches, but they only installed 1 light on the aux cable.

Explain to me like I have zero technical knowledge (because I don't haha)

Sponsored

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
How does the wiring work for that? I've seen an install video for the aux switches, but they only installed 1 light on the aux cable.

Explain to me like I have zero technical knowledge (because I don't haha)
Sure. You should have a bundle of 4 different colored wires (AUX 1 through 4) underneath the passenger side dashboard (inside) and an identical set of wires to the left of your battery in the engine compartment (outside). Two wires are thicker than the other two. Those two are your 40 amp wires. The smaller ones are 15 amp wires. Amperage is the amount of current flowing through the wires. So if you have two LED lights and they pull 5 amp each, then that's 10 amps and you can hook them up to any of the 4 switches. If you have a device that pulls 20 amps, then you can only use the thicker wires.

You cannot power an inside device and a outside device with the same switch.

Multiple devices such as lights, can be connected to one aux wire simply by attaching them together through a wiring connector. Example, two A-pillar lights, both positive red cable would connect to the one aux wire.

This video from XT should show more detail

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Sure. You should have a bundle of 4 different colored wires (AUX 1 through 4) underneath the passenger side dashboard (inside) and an identical set of wires to the left of your battery in the engine compartment (outside). Two wires are thicker than the other two. Those two are your 40 amp wires. The smaller ones are 15 amp wires. Amperage is the amount of current flowing through the wires. So if you have two LED lights and they pull 5 amp each, then that's 10 amps and you can hook them up to any of the 4 switches. If you have a device that pulls 20 amps, then you can only use the thicker wires.

You cannot power an inside device and a outside device with the same switch.

Multiple devices such as lights, can be connected to one aux wire simply by attaching them together through a wiring connector. Example, two A-pillar lights, both positive red cable would connect to the one aux wire.

This video from XT should show more detail
:clap::clap:

Thank you!

P.S. I had already watched the video several times and it's the most helpful one available, but since he only connect 1 light, I was still left wondering. Learn something new everyday!

Last edited:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
:clap::clap:

Thank you!

P.S. I had already watched the video several times and it's the most helpful one available, but since he only connect 1 light, I was still left wondering. Learn something new everyday!
Did you ever get this done? You can connect a pair of lights to one aux wire, or you can have one light per aux wire. You'd just have to do some splicing & dicing & grounding. Most would connect a pair to a single aux wire to keep others free for additional accessories.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Did you ever get this done? You can connect a pair of lights to one aux wire, or you can have one light per aux wire. You'd just have to do some splicing & dicing & grounding. Most would connect a pair to a single aux wire to keep others free for additional accessories.
Still waiting on the brackets to be delivered: they were supposed to be here Friday
Sponsored