Sponsored

Mopar 82215137 Hood Lock Kit for 18-19 Wrangler JL

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
Also has anyone ever tried to open up either the:
1 - OMotors or similar grille lock
2 - Rampage or similar locking latches

and tried to just dump the tumblers so just about anything can turn the lock?

I've always figured the mere appearance of a lock will deter most thieves, who's gonna try to turn a lock without the appropriate key?

But this way if you're on the trail and the key is MIA you're not SOL
I picked up a set of the rampage locks but never put them on... there's no "tread" on the key, it's like a little thin rectangle with almost not cut outs, figured that won't keep anybody out. but maybe your right, at least they look like a lock.
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I picked up a set of the rampage locks but never put them on... there's no "tread" on the key, it's like a little thin rectangle with almost not cut outs, figured that won't keep anybody out. but maybe your right, at least they look like a lock.
Interesting, so can you turn them w a pocket knife or screwdriver or other widget?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
After six months of frustration, I ended up with the chinese made. It's so good so far. Easy to install, no drilling required, works with your factory key , High quality and lifetime warranty.

Got them from ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Theft-Smart-Hood-Lock-Catch-Lock-Bracket-Latch-For-2018-19-Jeep-Wrangler-JL/223500954625?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IMG_0111.JPG
I wonder if they make them for Bolt and Mopar? I bet some of the pre-orderes with Quadratec get cancelled now since there is another option that is actually available. Bolt and Mopar will lose sales to this company. It seems to work just like the Bolt locks. Nice looking with the grill kit they include. Thanks for letting us know about it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Some BS coming from Jeep/Mopar here... my UK version, manufactured Sept 18, came from the factory with the hood lock.
I wonder if Europe requires some type of hood lock? Being required might explain why the US market has not gotten any yet. Maybe a parts shortage? I would assume FCA is buying as many as they can to install on JLs in countries that require them? Just a hunch?

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I wonder if Europe requires some type of hood lock? Being required might explain why the US market has not gotten any yet. Maybe a parts shortage? I would assume FCA is buying as many as they can to install on JLs in countries that require them? Just a hunch?
I think you’re probably right, it’ll be a European requirement. However the numbers are tiny, in the UK Jeep sold less than 400 Wranglers in 2018, I’ve had my JL for 4 months and have never seen another on the road!

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
After six months of frustration, I ended up with the chinese made. It's so good so far. Easy to install, no drilling required, works with your factory key , High quality and lifetime warranty.

Got them from ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Theft-Smart-Hood-Lock-Catch-Lock-Bracket-Latch-For-2018-19-Jeep-Wrangler-JL/223500954625?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Did it rivet on and did they include the rivets? The photo on the listing doesn't show rivets but does show 2 hex screws. The listing for the other hood lock that includes keys shows rivets included.

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did it rivet on and did they include the rivets? The photo on the listing doesn't show rivets but does show 2 hex screws. The listing for the other hood lock that includes keys shows rivets included.
IMG_0133.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG

First of all, I don't want to hold on any responsibility due to unsatisfaction of the quality and the price of the product. I'm just showing another option if you don't want to wait no more for Mopar; But in my case, yes it did rivet on smoothly and it came with every thing i needed. No drilling required and works fine. I got it installied in my dealership and they were amazed on how good the qualit and the ease of instalition was . Didn't take them no longer than half an hour to get it done. The manual wasn't clear though, but you don't need since it perfectly match with the stock lock hole. If you decide to get one, get it from Aliexpress . One of the members found it cheaper.

OP
OP
BLACKMOAB

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460

Got them from ebay

IMG_0111.JPG
I ordered one of these on eBay this morning. The only thing that concerns me a bit is that it says that it comes with no instructions. Hopefully it will be obvious where everything goes (like the rivets). I have a rivet gun, so I should be OK there, as long as I know where to stick them. And, I assume the mating of my Jeep key will just be a matter of sliding it in and turning it? Maybe I can find some instruction on the Bolt website that clarifies how that works. Like I believe someone else on the forum mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese manufacturer that is building these is the one that Bolt and Mopar will eventually use as their supplier. I certainly hope so.

OP
OP
BLACKMOAB

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I wanna buy the poor guy a power driver just for making videos, but based on that I wouldn't sweat the rivets

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered one of these on eBay this morning. The only thing that concerns me a bit is that it says that it comes with no instructions. Hopefully it will be obvious where everything goes (like the rivets). I have a rivet gun, so I should be OK there, as long as I know where to stick them. And, I assume the mating of my Jeep key will just be a matter of sliding it in and turning it? Maybe I can find some instruction on the Bolt website that clarifies how that works. Like I believe someone else on the forum mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese manufacturer that is building these is the one that Bolt and Mopar will eventually use as their supplier. I certainly hope so.
It will be obvious where every thing goes. You don't have to drill anything. As for the key,Yes as simple as that; Slide it in and a lock turn to the right and it will automaticly fits into it. It's one time fit and no other key will fit into it. GOOD LUCK I'LL WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember my JKU correctly, Digger70's photo above shows screws where the hood lock mounted.
I'm not saying that the JLU is the same, though. I don't have a lock for my JLUR yet. If the video is the actual product you get, then it doesn't install with rivets (even though a photo shows them, on the ebay listing).

bbe0bbcb-bfea-4123-8e17-e02d06f5e450.png
Yes it's the actual product. The only difference is, the set of the screws . Look at where i circled. Those came in little longer and thicker . They looked like some kind of screw rivet and the pair that goes to the top has a different shape than the one in the video, but in the end, it did fit smoothly with no isuue at all

Inkeds-l1600_LI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BLACKMOAB

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I remember my JKU correctly, Digger70's photo above shows screws where the hood lock mounted.
I'm not saying that the JLU is the same, though. I don't have a lock for my JLUR yet. If the video is the actual product you get, then it doesn't install with rivets (even though a photo shows them, on the ebay listing).

bbe0bbcb-bfea-4123-8e17-e02d06f5e450.png
I’m thinking that either they’re showing the rivets by mistake or providing them as maybe some markets or people believe the rivets to be more secure than screws and bolts. Did the JKU install use rivets?

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I’m thinking that either they’re showing the rivets by mistake or providing them as maybe some markets or people believe the rivets to be more secure than screws and bolts. Did the JKU install use rivets?
I used rivets on the 2 Bolt Hood Locks on my previous 2 JK's
Sponsored