Sponsored

Mopar 82215128 Rubicon Style Rocker Guards - Work With Splash Guards ?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I trimmed a set of Rubicon Rock Rails for my Sport mud flaps. I modified to fit from my JK, but the cutting with chop saw is the same...
Remove plastic plug from end, Mark amount to be cut, same angle ; cut with chop saw, reinstall plastic plug...

IMG_20190509_191840351_HDR_resized.jpg

Toomevara

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon two door
Weathertech says they brought out a splash guard / mudflap parts number # 110100-120100 for 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon with rock rails. They do not fit. To make them fit, you need to notch them on front about two inches and less so on back. I did call Weathertech before ordering because their October 9 email announcement and assured me they would fit. However, they do not. I had a Jeep dealer look at it to be sure. Just an fyi

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
No need to notch the rear flaps. Read a post a couple months ago. A dude’s wife wanted the flaps and he wanted stock rock rails. So he made a couple marks a slowly cut the pattern away until it slipped over the front part of the rail. I also read where someone installed the rock rail, measured the extra, took the cap off the front of the rail, cut the rail, filed, put the cap back on and then installed the flaps as they were intended.

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
I would cut the rails as mentioned, having a mudflap fixed due to a cut out for the rail would make it easier to break if you hit the flap while off roading. There would be no give.
Just purchased those RokBlokz, thanks for the share.

Last edited:

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I trimmed a set of Rubicon Rock Rails for my Sport mud flaps. I modified to fit from my JK, but the cutting with chop saw is the same...
Remove plastic plug from end, Mark amount to be cut, same angle ; cut with chop saw, reinstall plastic plug...

IMG_20190509_191840351_HDR_resized.jpg
That Jerry can looks AUsome.
Sponsored