First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2010 F150, 2016 Escape, 1970 GTX
Occupation
Own and operate a remodeling company
Hey guys I’m thinking of going this route and getting the 5” up top and the 7” on the bumper. Are the 5” high bean and the 7” flood?

thanks

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys I’m thinking of going this route and getting the 5” up top and the 7” on the bumper. Are the 5” high bean and the 7” flood?

thanks
Yes. Mostly.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What do you mean by mostly?
I have both and both light up the area (flood) and both can light up down the trail (beam). The 7's are much better at flooding the area with light and the 5's are better lighting further down the trail.

Neither seem dedicated to one purpose.

Sponsored

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have both and both light up the area (flood) and both can light up down the trail (beam). The 7's are much better at flooding the area with light and the 5's are better lighting further down the trail.

Neither seem dedicated to one purpose.
The reason I ask is that TYRI that manufactures the lights sells numerous versions of each and they all have different beam spread and distance. The ones that molar sells do not have those specifications listed.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The reason I ask is that TYRI that manufactures the lights sells numerous versions of each and they all have different beam spread and distance. The ones that molar sells do not have those specifications listed.
I have a series of pictures taken over at White Range trailhead at night and while not as good as seeing them in real life, these may give you an idea:

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights IMG_5128.JPG

Normal LED driving lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights IMG_5130.JPG

Bright lights on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights IMG_5131.JPG

7" lights on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights IMG_5132.JPG

5" lights on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights IMG_5133.JPG

7" and 5" lights on.

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a series of pictures taken over at White Range trailhead at night and while not as good as seeing them in real life, these may give you an idea:
Thanks for posting the pictures, it helps. Both the 5” and 7” look like flood lights to me which is just fine.

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The 5" and 7" mopar lights are the brightest lights I've ever put on a truck. The 7" are 8000 lumens each and the 5" are 4800 each. With 4 of them you are blasting 25,000 lumens. They are stupid bright. The 5" lights I had originally had mounted top side of the A pillar mopar brackets but I missed lowering the windshield so I mounted them on the sides and actually like it better that way because they light up the MOAB stickers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights IMG_5133.JPG
Dig the side mount!

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone know the gauge of the wire that comes on the pigtail end of the wiring harness of these Mopar lights? I assume both 5" and 7" use the same gauge, but correct me if I am wrong.

Sponsored

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hello,
So my wife got me the 7” molars for Christmas, however shortly after she bought them I upgraded my front bumper with LED and they don’t fit on my bumper.
dealer doesn’t take returns on special items so I plan on selling them at a loss.
However another forum someone mentioned putting them on some crowler corner mounts and having them on the sides.
I wondered if the 7”would look too stupid on the sides. But I guess it’s only 2” more than the 5”‘s (excellent math I know)

just looking to get some feedback on what anyone else thinks?
I had a hard time finding someone else that has the 7” mopars on corner mounts beside the mirrors

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hello,
So my wife got me the 7” molars for Christmas, however shortly after she bought them I upgraded my front bumper with LED and they don’t fit on my bumper.
dealer doesn’t take returns on special items so I plan on selling them at a loss.
However another forum someone mentioned putting them on some crowler corner mounts and having them on the sides.
I wondered if the 7”would look too stupid on the sides. But I guess it’s only 2” more than the 5”‘s (excellent math I know)

just looking to get some feedback on what anyone else thinks?
I had a hard time finding someone else that has the 7” mopars on corner mounts beside the mirrors
They will work fine mounted there.
Sponsored