Sponsored

Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Sssooooo....no night pictures of either the 5" or 7" lights? WTF JLWranglerforums lol.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I have the Mopar 7" lights, I will open them up this weekend to see if I can figure out who the manufacture is. They are super bright, check the lumens vs the competition, they are brighter than most.

The quality is top notch, they are very well built as well.
I'm big on buying Mopar parts for my rig. Cant beat the quality, ease of use and overall engineering of. Expensive? Yes, but worth every penny(and adds value to Jeep unlike cheap aftermarket parts).

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I agree with you. Here’s what they look like installed and on, bad ass . I tied them into my number 4. Auxiliary switch

21837369-8797-41CF-BB32-8F1F553C6B49.png

336A3AB5-FA08-4F00-9148-48C6D9816795.jpeg

7A1A1E4F-67BA-4B21-BA54-8AC8BE6E2E0D.png

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
When I go back to the mountains where they may actually be darkness, I will take a pic. These lights seem to be pretty damn bright.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For the $1000 mark, I think I'd rather have the Baja LP9's. They are extremely powerful AND have sidelighting built in.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
For the $1000 mark, I think I'd rather have the Baja LP9's. They are extremely powerful AND have sidelighting built in.
They are very nice but I’ll stick to my $50 amazon light bars. They stand up to the abuse of my 100hp tractor and never had a failure out of any. At that price point I’ll just keep a spare.

Brett

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had cheaper lights, higher end lights, carbon copies of high end lights, and middle of the road lights. Cheap lights use crap components and weak LEDs, while drawing more current. They aren't sealed for sh!t and their coating is garbage. Middle of the road lights, sealed better, use low power decent LEDs, but still have a garbage coating that will fade inside of 6 months. Carbon copies, like Aurora, have quality construction and components, but crap coatings, which fade within a year. Higher end lights, like rigid, have quality components, are well sealed, and have very high quality coatings. Ultra high end lights have the best components, highest wattage LEDs from reliable manufacturers, tighter tolerances, etc. They all have their place.

Sponsored

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I have had cheaper lights, higher end lights, carbon copies of high end lights, and middle of the road lights. Cheap lights use crap components and weak LEDs, while drawing more current. They aren't sealed for sh!t and their coating is garbage. Middle of the road lights, sealed better, use low power decent LEDs, but still have a garbage coating that will fade inside of 6 months. Carbon copies, like Aurora, have quality construction and components, but crap coatings, which fade within a year. Higher end lights, like rigid, have quality components, are well sealed, and have very high quality coatings. Ultra high end lights have the best components, highest wattage LEDs from reliable manufacturers, tighter tolerances, etc. They all have their place.
Would you say Mopar is higher quality than Rigid?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Since nobody in this whole thread posted any decent review of these lights, or pictures at night, here we go:

I have OEM LED lights on my Wrangler and bought 7" Mopar and brackets for a little over $550 about a week ago. Install was super easy. Performance wise I'd say the lights are 80% flood and 20% spot. Plenty of light goes to the sides (more than the fogs) and lots of light upward. Distance wise 7" throws about 7/8 was far as the high beams. The high beams throw light down the road a tad farther, but everything between high beams and the vehicle are illuminated.

Overall I'm extremely happy and hopefully they last a long time! I'd buy them again no question.

Here are two videos, the lights put out more than what the videos show.

1. Turn down your volume as music will randomly start playing! Here you can see low beams > high beams > 7".

2. Here's a random video going down the road.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you say Mopar is higher quality than Rigid?
Havent used the mopar lights, would need to see detailed specs to see what chip sets are used, if they use GE Lexan, etc, but I doubt it. I used to say back in the day that rigids were a ripoff, but after years of testing and running some of their lights on my own rigs, I can say they are worth the quality. They last, and their coatings are FAR superior to anything I've used. 6 years later and they are still as black as the day I got them. Aurora LEDs have been great as far as performance, but the coating quality isn't nearly as good....they are however, 1/2 the price of rigids. I will most likely run baja lp9s on my rig (front bumper) and rigid DSS on my a pillars.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since nobody in this whole thread posted any decent review of these lights, or pictures at night, here we go:

I have OEM LED lights on my Wrangler and bought 7" Mopar and brackets for a little over $550 about a week ago. Install was super easy. Performance wise I'd say the lights are 80% flood and 20% spot. Plenty of light goes to the sides (more than the fogs) and lots of light upward. Distance wise 7" throws about 7/8 was far as the high beams. The high beams throw light down the road a tad farther, but everything between high beams and the vehicle are illuminated.

Overall I'm extremely happy and hopefully they last a long time! I'd buy them again no question.

Here are two videos, the lights put out more than what the videos show.

1. Turn down your volume as music will randomly start playing! Here you can see low beams > high beams > 7".

2. Here's a random video going down the road.
To be honest, most LED lights will perform decently well in this situation. What differentiates them is the distance, and the durability. My 50" lightbar is a spot, and will illuminate (to where you could read text) a solid mile. Most low cost lights will fill the needs of most consumers. For me personally, I'm in this jeeping thing for the long haul, and have learned over the last 2 rigs that it's better to spend money one time, and have parts that will last forever. I do however totally understand those that just want a budget solution.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
To be honest, most LED lights will perform decently well in this situation. What differentiates them is the distance, and the durability. My 50" lightbar is a spot, and will illuminate (to where you could read text) a solid mile. Most low cost lights will fill the needs of most consumers. For me personally, I'm in this jeeping thing for the long haul, and have learned over the last 2 rigs that it's better to spend money one time, and have parts that will last forever. I do however totally understand those that just want a budget solution.
7" are not marketed as spot so you shouldn't expect them to go a mile away. I think they fit my Wrangler perfect (lighting up everything between high beams and the vehicle) and don't plan on adding any other lights up front. Only time will tell how these Tyri/Mopar will hold up.
Sponsored