Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights

vtech243

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL & BMW X3 M40i
Is there a certain level of expertise recommended or required to install? I'd like to do it myself, but if it's considered complicated I'd let an expert handle it rather than risk any electrical problems. I've checked the YouTube and I can't seem find anything regarding installation. By the by...that's an awesome blue you've got there.
I did not get the AUX package (probably would in hindsight) so I needed to hook up an independent wiring system with a relay and switch. I started to do a bunch of research to see if I could do it myself (my dads an electrician so was hoping I’d have the genes). However to your point I felt it was better to have an expert do it. I threaded the switch through the drivers side firewall into the panel below the steering wheel. I love the lights and they are super functional. Took an expert about an hour to install. I would recommend doing that — good luck!
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
For the Mopar 7" lights, what type of mounting bracket would be compatible with a bull bar that has a light bar mount up top (LoD Destroyer full)?

Jeep_bull_bar.jpg

vtech243

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL & BMW X3 M40i
For the Mopar 7" lights, what type of mounting bracket would be compatible with a bull bar that has a light bar mount up top (LoD Destroyer full)?

Jeep_bull_bar.jpg
So that’s a little tricky. Mopar mounts (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/winch-guard-light-mounting-bracket-jeep-wrangler-jl) have a circular base to fit the actual light which I’m using. I’ve never used LoD before but based on your picture you would need to conform the mounting point to the Mopar brackets somehow. I could not find the radius of the circle used in the Mopar piece but someone on the forum may be able to measure it if you were going to go down the custom path.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I've been eyeballing those Mopar mounts (82215729) for a few days, but there doesn't seem to be a place to fit them. The circular mounts fit up to 2" and the radius of the bar is on the thicker side. It would be mounting a bracket on a bracket... duh... I should know better. I've had a closer look at the base of the lights, and it looks like part # 82215428 might work if they ever become available. Thank you for the input.

Last edited:

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE

Jeep_bull_bar.jpg
Looks like they will fit but you might have to drill a little bit bigger hole for the threaded mount to go through your existing opening .

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I did not get the AUX package (probably would in hindsight) so I needed to hook up an independent wiring system with a relay and switch. I started to do a bunch of research to see if I could do it myself (my dads an electrician so was hoping I’d have the genes). However to your point I felt it was better to have an expert do it. I threaded the switch through the drivers side firewall into the panel below the steering wheel. I love the lights and they are super functional. Took an expert about an hour to install. I would recommend doing that — good luck!
I like the lights as well & hopefully I can get them to fit on the bull bar light mount without getting a set of brackets. I'm far from the expert (obviously...duh), but looking at the instructions on moparonlineparts.com, the auxiliary package helps a caveman like me. They look like something out of Ikea. There's some splicing into the existing harness, and that may be a bit outta my league. This ain't the same as swapping out a bumper...may The Force be with me. Thank you for the input.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been eyeballing those Mopar mounts (82215729) for a few days, but there doesn't seem to be a place to fit them. The circular mounts fit up to 2" and the radius of the bar is on the thicker side. It would be mounting a bracket on a bracket... duh... I should know better. I've had a closer look at the base of the lights, and it looks like part # 82215428 might work if they ever become available. Thank you for the input.
Everybody has those mounts you can go to Mopar parts.com, desert 215 Superstore, jeeps for us.com, carid, etc.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Everybody has those mounts you can go to Mopar parts.com, desert 215 Superstore, jeeps for us.com, carid, etc.
The brackets I'm referring to that seem to be unavailable are the bumper mounts... p/n 82215428. 4wd, 4wheelparts show them as in stock, but I'm not sure that's accurate (considering they're OEM) since Mopar shows them as "still under development" & not available until possibly October.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The brackets I'm referring to that seem to be unavailable are the bumper mounts... p/n 82215428. 4wd, 4wheelparts show them as in stock, but I'm not sure that's accurate (considering they're OEM) since Mopar shows them as "still under development" & not available until possibly October.
Go to desert 215 superstore, when you go to their website at the top you’ll be able put in the part number and I’ll tell you if it’s available they usually have everything and that’s where I buy a lot of my stuff because they have the best prices. The other places Mopar parts.com these they have really good prices too

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Go to desert 215 superstore, when you go to their website at the top you’ll be able put in the part number and I’ll tell you if it’s available they usually have everything and that’s where I buy a lot of my stuff because they have the best prices. The other places Mopar parts.com these they have really good prices too
They appear to have them... I dropped them a message to ask if they're actually available to order. Thank you for the suggestions! :beer:

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They appear to have them... I dropped them a message to ask if they're actually available to order. Thank you for the suggestions! :beer:
If you’re in Southern Cal you can buy me one of them called beers! Do you need anything else let me know.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re in Southern Cal you can buy me one of them called beers! Do you need anything else let me know.
Too good to be true. desert215 confirmed they're under development and not available until October.