Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights

Nick80

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon & 2010 Jeep Commander
I have both 7 and 5. Great lights, very bright. I also have Rigid light bar and both are high quality.

IMG_0570.JPG

For the 5's did you get the mopar brackets? I ordered both 3 weeks ago and they told me bracket is not available yet.
Sponsored

cjoonya

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Sahara Altitude
Here they are installed. Cost about a grand once you get the winch guard ~$225 the brackets at $50 and then the lights are $6-700 if I remember correctly. They are stupid bright, much brighter than my rigid D2s I had on the JK. I'll be getting more of the Tyri lights if they are.willing to sell them, they are top notch on quality. I thought Rigid was the best, not anymore.

IMG_20180421_145559.jpg
Dayum. That looks nice.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
For the 5's did you get the mopar brackets? I ordered both 3 weeks ago and they told me bracket is not available yet.
I have the Mopar. They are backordered. I was lucky that a dealer had a set for someone who cancelled the order.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I love the Jeep light covers. Very subtle. Or maybe it’s your Jeep that makes them pop!
Covers do a good job of protecting the lights and look good at the same time.
I have a cover coming this week for the light bar.

JLvsRocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Here they are installed. Cost about a grand once you get the winch guard ~$225 the brackets at $50 and then the lights are $6-700 if I remember correctly. They are stupid bright, much brighter than my rigid D2s I had on the JK. I'll be getting more of the Tyri lights if they are.willing to sell them, they are top notch on quality. I thought Rigid was the best, not anymore.

IMG_20180421_145559.jpg
Looks awesome!

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

IMG_20180421_145559.jpg
Damn, I hope Tyri lights become available for much less. Otherwise I'm starting to think I'll be shucking out more coin for the Mopar set. Great to hear the positive reviews. Has anyone had them on the trails yet?

Also wonder if Tyri lights are available for trail lighting and reverse lights.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Damn, I hope Tyri lights become available for much less. Otherwise I'm starting to think I'll be shucking out more coin for the Mopar set. Great to hear the positive reviews. Has anyone had them on the trails yet?

Also wonder if Tyri lights are available for trail lighting and reverse lights.
Here’s a link to the TYRI catalog. If you google search for the model of interest some appear to be available through third party vendors. I have not had any luck with direct sales though.

http://www.tyrilights.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/TYRI_MAIN_CAT_2017_V6_UK_LR_170322-EN.pdf

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Most I've found are spendy anyway. Looks like construction crews will spend the money on reliable lighting.

Getting a set on order. lol

Might as well.

Sponsored

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
5" PN 82215385AB: Retail Cost $475 Dealer Cost $356
7" PN 82215386AB: Retail Cost $725 Dealer Cost $544
A Pillar Mount PN 82215427: Retail Cost $144 Dealer cost $102; currently under redevelopment hence shortage. redesigned kit wont be out till June 1st
Bumper Mount PN 82215428: Retail Cost $79 Dealer cost $55; currently under redevelopment hence shortage. redesigned kit wont be out till June 1st
Winch Guard Mount PN 82215729: Retail $65 Dealer Cost $45

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just got my 7" lights. Wow they are huge, beefy beasts. Solid construction on these lights.

Maybe I should have gotten the 5" for my winch guard? Those look like they put out a good bit of light.

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have the Mopar 7" lights, I will open them up this weekend to see if I can figure out who the manufacture is. They are super bright, check the lumens vs the competition, they are brighter than most.

The quality is top notch, they are very well built as well.
as they should be. the target market of these lights isn't off road and consumer market.
they use them a lot on mining and earthmoving equipment. the cost of this light is inconsequential
relative to the cost of the light failure. a night of darkness on a wheeled loader that can't load
sand for delivery to a batch plant would be measured in low six figures of revenue lost.

the website lists these lights directly from the manufacturer at $460 each. significantly more than jeep.

that being said, purchasing lighting of any type is wading into a field fraught with
misrepresentation. i do commercial lighting for a living, and have been an electrical
contractor for 40 years. i currently to third party certification of commercial lighting
installations required by energy codes.

after you sort thru the "specifications" for a number of these lights, you won't know
weather to shit or wind your watch.

lux, lumens, raw lumens, footcandles, CRI, color temperature, it goes on and on.

let's look at something from their website....

"Typically, TYRI LED’s supply a colour temperature of 5700 and a CRI rating of 70."

5,000 K is normally considered daylight. it's pretty stark, and going higher makes
stuff harder to look at, and see with the human eye. the only reason to go to 5,700 K
is efficiency. more lumens per watt. that is why the color rendering index (CRI) is only
70. anything below 90 is unsuitable for indoor lighting, and actually can't even be sold
for indoor lighting in some marketplaces. it's common in LED streetlighting however.
it tells us that the diodes are structured for maximum light out put, instead of light
quality. this isn't a bad thing, just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

so, how do you pick good lights? by the way, these ARE good lights.

all of the reputable lights use high quality LED chips. CREE is touted as
the best, but there are a whole level of tiers of led quality that CREE produces, and
manufacturers routinely lie about devices used. price is not always a good indication.
lighting manufacturers will sometimes put a POS chipset in an expensive fixture,
and sell it pretending it's a high quality device. a cheap light that won't sell at a $200
price point will move briskly at a $379 price point. people are easy to fake out.

short of a $2,500 spectrographic light meter that can analyze the actual light output,
your best seat of the pants guidelines are power consumed, not physical size of the
unit. lumens per watt are pretty consistent across all of the chip makers. the controlling
circuitry doesn't consume much power. so the more power drawn, the more light coming
out the front end.

watts are watts. lux, lumens, footcandles, are all different, and measured differently, and
perceived differently.

so go by watts consumed. go by overall build quality. these lights are equivalent in
price, and output, to premium Rigid lighting.

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just got my 7" lights. Wow they are huge, beefy beasts. Solid construction on these lights.

Maybe I should have gotten the 5" for my winch guard? Those look like they put out a good bit of light.
Here are the 7" lights if you want to see them mounted.
IMG_20180421_145555.jpg
Sponsored